cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about a desktop FICO tracker? - Updated with instructions on how to do it now.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about a desktop FICO tracker? - Updated with instructions on how to do it now.

A simple tool to check for score updates weekly so we don't have to log in. It could display a graph about 1-2 inchs big that sits on people desktops. Anonymous and safe. Each person could have a graph assigned by a crazy random character ie, laksddddslk870S9KS@dskD8S, this way you won't even have to make it secure. Even if someone got lucky at guessing a tracker id at random it would not contain any personal info or allow them to log in to an account. All it has to do is pull a specific image or something with that code identifying the tracker image. This tracker image would be stored in an area separate from the secured data of the persons account. All the security would be with in MyFICO to generate their tracker. It is really simple to design and safe too. Smiley Happy What do you think?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-07-2008 09:26 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How about a desktop FICO tracker?

I believe the tracker image is already available and does update. It's even easier since most of it is done already. All you need is a tracker to import the image to. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been successful in making one using windows browser. I think MyFICO can have their data people design one in a few hours. Cost to MyFICO would be just a few hours of work. The data is already available as part of score watch. I had one running on my pc in just minutes. Smiley Happy Maybe you could make a simple program to load the scores on peoples desktops so they don't have to log in all the time. Smiley Happy You can completely cancel out Score Watch "EMAIL" alerts as this would update when they turn on their pc each day or so to check for updates. No late alerts, they would be retrieved each day when their computers turn on or when they click manual update. On the down side is that you will have daily requests coming from all customers for score checks daily.

I was just alerting MyFICO about this idea since you have already designed this to be portable, all you need to do is make a shell. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-06-2008 06:23 PM
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey, pizza, I would suggest c/p'ing your excellently detailed instructions from the other post over here. thanks again!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to check your score and track history with out logging in!

For FIREFOX.
Right mouse click on the graph image.
Click "Copy link location"
Click in your browser like you are going to type in a URL, but instead hit CTRL-V (or edit paste) in your browser. From here you will see your graph loaded. Set as a BookMark. When ever you go to this bookmark it is updated.

For Internet Explorer.
Right mouse click, then click on Properties.
Highlight the Address URL and click CTRL-C (to copy)
Click in your browser like you are going to type in a URL, but instead hit CTRL-V (or edit paste) in your browser. From here you will see your graph loaded. Set as a BookMark. When ever you go to this bookmark it is updated.

If you want this to load as a background image on your desktop and update each time you turn on your computer or reload wondows,
To place on desktop in windows (more complicated)
Right mouse on desktop.
Click properties.
Click desktop.
Click Customize.
Click Web.
Click New and paste in image graphic using CTRL-V.

But for the most part this is more advanced. Easier for most to just make a bookmark in their browser and click the bookmark when ever they want to see current score.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-08-2008 07:52 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This relates to the graph images that tracks FICO scores that is part of ScoreWatch.

The link to this images is located here.
https://www.myfico.com/ScoreWatch/Controls/ScoreHistChart.aspx?userid=(person enters id here)

This image could so easily be placed in a tracker device on a persons desktop or built in to their browser menu bar. Smiley Happy People are already doing it them selves, why not make it available as part of the service?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-07-2008 09:24 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just like to add, a person does not need to log in to get this score and history. So there is not even a security issue, unless this image is a security issue as it is now? But if not, MyFICO has 98% of the Tracker already designed and ready to go!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.