Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insert a link/hyperlink?

tag
Guava
Established Contributor

How do I insert a link/hyperlink?

Hi all, 

In some occasions posting, I wanted to post a link to a source, and the link is too long. I see other members did a simple "here" or "click here" or "source" and by clicking on those, it will direct you to the link they reference. 

Can someone teach me how to do that?

Thanks much!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Re: How do I insert a link/hyperlink?

@silver0187 wrote:

Hi all, 

In some occasions posting, I wanted to post a link to a source, and the link is too long. I see other members did a simple "here" or "click here" or "source" and by clicking on those, it will direct you to the link they reference. 

Can someone teach me how to do that?

Thanks much!

I'd be happy to help.

When you are posting a message you should see the tool bar.

posting tool bar.JPG

To do the hyper-link, highlight the text you want to make a hyer-link and then click on the little link hyper link.JPG Icon. 

A pop-up box will appear with the text in the Link Text box. 

hyper-link pop up.JPG

You copy and past the URL you want into the Link URL box.

The Target drop down defaults to "Open in this window/frame" but you can use the drop down to choose "Open in a New Window".    Then hit insert.

Let me know if you have any questions.

mod.moose
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you type a reply you should have a bunch of buttons just above the text box.  Below is the order they are arranged (at least on my screen)

Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Insert Code, Paste from Word, Emoticon, Insert Horizontal Ruler, Insert/edit link.

When you click on "Insert/edit link" (it looks like a chain link) a box pops up and lets you put the link you want to use plus add text.  So if you can make something like this to link to Google images.

Message 3 of 4
Guava
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.