cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to respond to a post?

New Contributor

How to respond to a post?

I have looked and cannot find an answer to this question.  I would like to know how to cut and paste the post I am responding to, in my reply.  I have tried many different ways and none seem to work.  Can you direct me to directions?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to respond to a post?


skoop wrote:

I have looked and cannot find an answer to this question.  I would like to know how to cut and paste the post I am responding to, in my reply.  I have tried many different ways and none seem to work.  Can you direct me to directions?  Thanks.


 

When you click "Reply", as I did with yours, a screen comes up for the reply. Just below the subject line, and to the right of center you'll see "Spell Check". Right next to that is "Quote", and to the right of that is Macros.

 

ETA...and I should add that for the post you'd like to quote, you have to click "Reply" in that post, as opposed to someone else's reply or the OP's post (assuming that's not the one you want to quote).

Message 2 of 4
New Contributor

Re: How to respond to a post?


llecs wrote:

skoop wrote:

I have looked and cannot find an answer to this question.  I would like to know how to cut and paste the post I am responding to, in my reply.  I have tried many different ways and none seem to work.  Can you direct me to directions?  Thanks.


 

When you click "Reply", as I did with yours, a screen comes up for the reply. Just below the subject line, and to the right of center you'll see "Spell Check". Right next to that is "Quote", and to the right of that is Macros.

 

ETA...and I should add that for the post you'd like to quote, you have to click "Reply" in that post, as opposed to someone else's reply or the OP's post (assuming that's not the one you want to quote).


Thank you.  I am testing to see if I have done this correctly.  Appreciate it.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to respond to a post?


skoop wrote:

llecs wrote:

skoop wrote:

I have looked and cannot find an answer to this question.  I would like to know how to cut and paste the post I am responding to, in my reply.  I have tried many different ways and none seem to work.  Can you direct me to directions?  Thanks.


 

When you click "Reply", as I did with yours, a screen comes up for the reply. Just below the subject line, and to the right of center you'll see "Spell Check". Right next to that is "Quote", and to the right of that is Macros.

 

ETA...and I should add that for the post you'd like to quote, you have to click "Reply" in that post, as opposed to someone else's reply or the OP's post (assuming that's not the one you want to quote).


Thank you.  I am testing to see if I have done this correctly.  Appreciate it.



Looks great!

Message 4 of 4