Super Contributor

How to spot a troll

Just for fun:

The first post is usually long, designed to either sell something or upset the majority of the board.

There will be excessive use of formatting (the post is usually prepared well in advance).  Lots of bold, font size changes, color, underlining etc.

The content will be suggesting things that are usually diametrically opposed to the content/purpose of the board.

If ignored, they usually go away.  :smileyhappy:

If they persist, they are usually banned   :smileyvery-happy:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to spot a troll

Anyone named TheNewWorldMan.
Valued Contributor

Tuscani wrote:

Hey! I'm not a troll. I'm a CONTRARIAN...that's C-O-N-T-R-A-R-I-A-N. Con-TRAIR-e-n. Doesn't sound anything like "troll." I'm a veteran Dungeons and Dragons player, and I can tell you trolls are nasty green monsters that live under bridges. Contrarians are witty, free-thinking people who kick sacred cows and make people think outside the box.

Sheesh.

"I tell ya, I don't get no respect..."

;-)
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Super Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Hey! I'm not a troll. I'm a CONTRARIAN...that's C-O-N-T-R-A-R-I-A-N. Con-TRAIR-e-n. Doesn't sound anything like "troll." I'm a veteran Dungeons and Dragons player, and I can tell you trolls are nasty green monsters that live under bridges. Contrarians are witty, free-thinking people who kick sacred cows and make people think outside the box.

Sheesh.

;-)

I am sure you get all the respect you deserve :smileyvery-happy:
Moderator Emeritus

HAHAHAHHAhAHAHA!
Moderator Emeritus

TheNewWorldMan wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Sheesh.

;-)

Hmm.. I see you more as a Dungeon Master. If only evocation could be applied to FICO. :smileywink: 

PS... you know it is not ok to play if you are Christian right? :smileytongue:
Established Contributor

OK so I post on the trolls thread and it's removed????? What the heck?:smileymad:
Established Contributor

Administrator

I promise I'm not "after" anyone right now! Really! :smileyhappy: I love you all! Promise!
Super Contributor

Raine wrote:
I promise I'm not "after" anyone right now! Really! :smileyhappy: I love you all! Promise!

It is not always fun being an admin, is it?  :smileyvery-happy:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.