Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think this guy is a scammer

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: I think this guy is a scammer

core, thank you for the reminder that I could do a better search using google. No matter now, though, because MyJourney found the guy! That link MJ posted above was the exact thread I was thinking of. Thank you, MyJourney!

I'm sorry, but I just love the way the poor guy continued to be so astounded and disbelieving at what he'd brought on himself, even after people raked him over the coals.

The "$500 a pop" that I recalled came from another poster on page 6 of that thread. I don't think the OP said what he was paid, but apparently there was a lot of money in selling AUs for a while. THAT reply, at the very top of page 6 from swpopham is very much worth reading, too.

Message 51 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
Why didn't I get one of these PMs. Is my portfolio not good enough? I havw a 5x citi forward for gosh sakes.

Smiley LOL

I got one as well. I was meaning to report him/her.

Message 52 of 66
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

core, thank you for the reminder that I could do a better search using google. No matter now, though, because MyJourney found the guy! That link MJ posted above was the exact thread I was thinking of. Thank you, MyJourney!

I'm sorry, but I just love the way the poor guy continued to be so astounded and disbelieving at what he'd brought on himself, even after people raked him over the coals.

The "$500 a pop" that I recalled came from another poster on page 6 of that thread. I don't think the OP said what he was paid, but apparently there was a lot of money in selling AUs for a while.

Any time you're very welcome 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 53 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I got the same PM, forwarded to mods.

It seems like a totally legitimate way to earn extra money. Give out your credit card info so someone you have never met, who has no credit and can't get a card on their own, gets signed up as AU on your cards, on the promise they will pay you for the right to use your credit cards.

What could go wrong?

LOL, I must not be worthy, no PM.  Smiley Wink

oh, I was worthy TWICE!!  Got messages from BOTH of his user names lol

Me, too! lol

Message 54 of 66
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm still mad I didn't get a PM. $500 per AU....that could be my new car payment, and then some extra.
Message 55 of 66
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I'm still mad I didn't get a PM. $500 per AU....that could be my new car payment, and then some extra.

Extra headaches and banned from each major bank LolSmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 56 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nutter

Message 57 of 66
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

There was another poster on here quite awhile back that got busted for it.  He, however, knew and accepted that he had messed up.  We live and learn.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 58 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

The "$500 a pop" that I recalled came from another poster on page 6 of that thread. I don't think the OP said what he was paid, but apparently there was a lot of money in selling AUs for a while. THAT reply, at the very top of page 6 from swpopham is very much worth reading, too.

In a minority but I found a little of the holier-than-thou responses a little annoying.  And to repeat my deeply unpopular view:  MANY people here advocate paying off a card before the bill cuts (and leaving just one account etc etc), which IS gaming the system, giving a higher score than is "intended" by the algorithm, which is based on "normal" behavior of paying once you have the bill.   This gives an inaccurate view of risk to the lender.   So, same type of impact as piggybacking.  Except you don't get paid!

Message 59 of 66
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

In a minority but I found a little of the holier-than-thou responses a little annoying.  And to repeat my deeply unpopular view:  MANY people here advocate paying off a card before the bill cuts (and leaving just one account etc etc), which IS gaming the system, giving a higher score than is "intended" by the algorithm, which is based on "normal" behavior of paying once you have the bill.   This gives an inaccurate view of risk to the lender.   So, same type of impact as piggybacking.  Except you don't get paid!

Actually not, I have switched to half and half approach, and will be rotating cards more.  However, once you have the higher score, then can do more float as they say.  Some of us have not been credit worthy as long as you (nothing personal there).

Signature needs updating
Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.