Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think this guy is a scammer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think this guy is a scammer

Got the same message and reported it to mods earlier.

Message 21 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

Forwarded the PM as well.... and for a little extra money  not worth the risk of the tradelines .. and not legal either ...so NO THKS

It's not illegal. The ethics of it could be debated, but there is nothing illegal about it edit: In the US, where the majority of this site's rebuilders live. 

Message 22 of 66
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Forwarded the PM as well.... and for a little extra money  not worth the risk of the tradelines .. and not legal either ...so NO THKS

It's not illegal. The ethics of it could be debated, but there is nothing illegal about it. 

Lg lives in different country.  Probably illegal in many EU countries.  Do not assume everyone lives by U.S. Rules.

Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

It's not illegal. The ethics of it could be debated, but there is nothing illegal about it. 

Lg lives in different country.  Probably illegal in many EU countries.  Do not assume everyone lives by U.S. Rules.

Is fico used out of the us?

Message 24 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Somewhat, but not like in the US. Many developed countries have their own scoring system. Your US credit is meaningless for the most part in other countries, which is why you don't see too many visitors to this site from other countries. (Myfico.com itself only reports from the 3 US reporting bureaus.)

Most of the base advice is the same. Pay your bills on time, don't run up too much credit etc... 

Message 25 of 66
core
Valued Contributor

I'm bummed that I never got a PM.

It should be noted that even if you don't give an AU the card, in some cases they can call in and have a new card sent to them.  A family member wouldn't be that low (let's hope) but some random bloke would.  I have no personal experience with which issuers will allow AUs to request cards because I've never gotten into the AU game myself.  But I heard this on the Dave Ramsey show so it's true.  Everything said on that show is true, you understand.

Message 26 of 66
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Most creditors are aware of "piggybacking" and have implemented methods to exclude it from scoring.  FICO also has some methods to discredit this process.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Somewhat, but not like in the US. Many developed countries have their own scoring system. Your US credit is meaningless for the most part in other countries, which is why you don't see too many visitors to this site from other countries. (Myfico.com itself only reports from the 3 US reporting bureaus.)

Most of the base advice is the same. Pay your bills on time, don't run up too much credit etc... 

In some cases (e.g. UK) the CRAs are the same players, see 

http://www.equifax.co.uk/

for example.

But equifax UK cannot transfer history to equifax US or vice versa.

Message 28 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

Most creditors are aware of "piggybacking" and have implemented methods to exclude it from scoring.  FICO also has some methods to discredit this process.

How would they tell the difference between the AU on my report from an ex-gf from ten years ago who lives in France, and a random stranger? 

I find it difficult to believe that. Manual underwriting might spot something if they asked, but no way a computer would have any idea. 

Message 29 of 66
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

my bad..meant more ethics....but still would never put my cards at risk with such action Smiley Wink....then we get to read messages that lenders closed accounts for no reason ..??

Message 30 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.