Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think this guy is a scammer

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: I think this guy is a scammer

Why didn't I get one of these PMs. Is my portfolio not good enough? I havw a 5x citi forward for gosh sakes.
Message 41 of 66
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Guess I'm in the Unworthy Club with the rest of the losers. Smiley LOL I didn't get the PM, either.

Does anybody remember the MyFico poster about two years ago who started a thread wailing that a whole bunch of cccs had taken major AA against him. Like he had virtually all his accounts closed or something like that "AND I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, WEEP, WAIL, OH ME OH MY HOW UNFAIR!!!!" Then it turned out he'd been putting complete strangers on his cards as AUs for something like $500 a pop. Multiple strangers apparently on multiple cards through multiple banks, though some broker.

Worked great until the banks caught onto the game, and then they slammed him so hard he barely had any credit left.

Message 42 of 66
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Does anyone remember the other 50 billion people who come here and say they didnt do anything, but all the banks siimultaneously closed all of their accounts for no reason. Smiley Tongue
Message 43 of 66
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Does anyone remember the other 50 billion people who come here and say they didnt do anything, but all the banks siimultaneously closed all of their accounts for no reason. Smiley Tongue

Yeah, them too. Smiley Frustrated

I remember that one guy in particular because what he was doing was SO egregious and because his wounded innocence was SO dramatic. He wasn't just another guy who'd maxed out his cards or apped for 21 cards in a day or something. Oh, the weeping and wailing! Then it took him about two minutes to admit what he'd been doing. He'd sold his credit for thousands of dollars and never expected any consequence.

Message 44 of 66
core
Valued Contributor

Gunnar419-  Do you have a link to that thread?  Or can you remember a partial username?  I am now dying to read it.

Message 45 of 66
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

Gunnar419-  Do you have a link to that thread?  Or can you remember a partial username?  I am now dying to read it.

I will look for that, core.

I don't recall the guy's username and don't have a link right now, and I have to confess that the MyFico search engine and I don't have a great relationship. I will look for it though and if I can't find it maybe another old timer with a better memory or better MyFico search-fu will be able to locate it.

Message 46 of 66
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^+1 lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 47 of 66
core
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I have to confess that the MyFico search engine and I don't have a great relationship.

You can use google and restrict the search to this site, like so:

some keywords site:ficoforums.myfico.com

And you can even put in a custom date range using the 'search tools' dropdown, for say 2012-2014.  So far I haven't had any luck but I'm totally guessing on keywords.

Message 48 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I got the same PM, forwarded to mods.

It seems like a totally legitimate way to earn extra money. Give out your credit card info so someone you have never met, who has no credit and can't get a card on their own, gets signed up as AU on your cards, on the promise they will pay you for the right to use your credit cards.

What could go wrong?

LOL, I must not be worthy, no PM.  Smiley Wink

oh, I was worthy TWICE!!  Got messages from BOTH of his user names lol

Message 49 of 66
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah, them too. Smiley Frustrated

I remember that one guy in particular because what he was doing was SO egregious and because his wounded innocence was SO dramatic. He wasn't just another guy who'd maxed out his cards or apped for 21 cards in a day or something. Oh, the weeping and wailing! Then it took him about two minutes to admit what he'd been doing. He'd sold his credit for thousands of dollars and never expected any consequence.

ROFLMAO

I remember 2 cases or at least 2 that came forward....the rest probably hid....SMH

Sometimes small amounts of cash cost to much in the long run 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-and-Chase-Freedom-cancelled-my-credit-cards...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.