Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think this guy is a scammer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think this guy is a scammer

Yes and thats why the moment I received it i posted the OP and forwarded it to a MOD.  While this may be a legitimate business practice it is surely one I wont participate in I worked way to hard over the past year and a half to build my credit history and relationships with my CC lenders to have some complete stranger have access to my credit and risk destroying it.  From what I read in many other posts once a cardholder adds an AU the original cardholder is still responsible for all charges and activity on that card, NO THANK YOU.  I enjoy this forum and its been a huge help in my credit rebuilding and maintaing process and I dont want to be a part of something that underminds the integrity of this site.  Thats just my personal opinion.

Have a Blessed Day Everyone 

Message 61 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always wondered why people would show what credit cards they have in their signature or other associated and/or potentially identifiable information.

While we all have probably shared our scores and other information here in one or more threads, constantly showing it and other stuff in our signature is just asking for someone to potentially use it, mine it, log it or whatever.

Never underestimate the extent and craftiness of people out there.  I don't. 

Message 62 of 66
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Guess I'm in the Unworthy Club with the rest of the losers. Smiley LOL I didn't get the PM, either.

Does anybody remember the MyFico poster about two years ago who started a thread wailing that a whole bunch of cccs had taken major AA against him. Like he had virtually all his accounts closed or something like that "AND I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, WEEP, WAIL, OH ME OH MY HOW UNFAIR!!!!" Then it turned out he'd been putting complete strangers on his cards as AUs for something like $500 a pop. Multiple strangers apparently on multiple cards through multiple banks, though some broker.

Worked great until the banks caught onto the game, and then they slammed him so hard he barely had any credit left.

Nov 2014 I added my kids and husband as AUs on 3 of my cards.  A couple of months ago I added my son-in-law after I was given the happy news that I'm going to be a grandmother. My credit card companies must be freaking that I'm suddenly adding AUs.

On the bright side, I can now send them out for purchases & can hand them a card when they have an emergency instead freeing up cash. 

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 66
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Guess I'm in the Unworthy Club with the rest of the losers. Smiley LOL I didn't get the PM, either.

Does anybody remember the MyFico poster about two years ago who started a thread wailing that a whole bunch of cccs had taken major AA against him. Like he had virtually all his accounts closed or something like that "AND I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, WEEP, WAIL, OH ME OH MY HOW UNFAIR!!!!" Then it turned out he'd been putting complete strangers on his cards as AUs for something like $500 a pop. Multiple strangers apparently on multiple cards through multiple banks, though some broker.

Worked great until the banks caught onto the game, and then they slammed him so hard he barely had any credit left.

Nov 2014 I added my kids and husband as AUs on 3 of my cards.  A couple of months ago I added my son-in-law after I was given the happy news that I'm going to be a grandmother. My credit card companies must be freaking that I'm suddenly adding AUs.

On the bright side, I can now send them out for purchases & can hand them a card when they have an emergency instead freeing up cash. 

I can't imagine why the cc companies would be freaking when you're using the AU function as intended. What you're doing is a far cry from selling your good credit to strangers for big, fat fees. What you're doing sounds sensible and you've got lucky relatives.

Message 64 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are companies that specialize in the business of combining people who are rebuilding their credit and people who have strong established credit. It's a qay for those with strong credit to make money off of their credit discipline over the years.

Message 65 of 66
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

There are companies that specialize in the business of combining people who are rebuilding their credit and people who have strong established credit. It's a qay for those with strong credit to make money off of their credit discipline over the years.

True, but its taboo to discuss this subject on myFico. As this thread is nearly a year old it is being closed to further comment.

Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.