Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive time for logout ??

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Inactive time for logout ??

Before the recent upgrade to MyFICO, I believe that you could be inactive for 2 hours before the site would automatically log out.    Now it seems to be reduced to 1 hour or maybe less.

Can this be reset back to 2 hours ?   Thanks !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Inactive time for logout ??

@pizzadude wrote:

Before the recent upgrade to MyFICO, I believe that you could be inactive for 2 hours before the site would automatically log out.    Now it seems to be reduced to 1 hour or maybe less.

Hi pizzadude,

I just checked and the "Period of inactivity before auto-logoff (minutes)" is still set at 120 minutes.  I'll check to see if there has been issues reported with the new upgrade.

mod.moose
Message 2 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Mine would log me out before 2 hours before the upgrade.  I just thought something had changed with the forums behnd the scenes.

Message 3 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Hmmm, ok, thanks Moose ~ maybe I'm not watching the clock correctly... Smiley Tongue   Or has anything changed with regards to what constitutes inactivity  ?  Like just reading posts or refreshing ?

Message 4 of 12
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

I'm going to do a time test now and see what happens.  

ETA:  1 hour and 14 minutes and didn't get logged out.  Will test now for longer.  

ETA:  Starting second test.  Had to end early, but stayed on for 1 hour 27 minutes.

mod.moose
Message 5 of 12
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Last night I was able to do a test for just a couple of minutes under two hours and was able to stay logged in.   I'll see what I can find out for those of you who haven't been able to.

mod.moose
Message 6 of 12
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@mod-moose wrote:

Last night I was able to do a test for just a couple of minutes under two hours and was able to stay logged in.   I'll see what I can find out for those of you who haven't been able to.

Its 2 hours of me like clockwork.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 12
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

I've been told that it might be that your computer has an old cookie and you should try cleaning your cache and cookies.  Please let me know if this helps.

mod.moose
Message 8 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Thanks !!  I think I'm ok ~ I had to reboot yesterday and everything seems back to normal now.

Message 9 of 12
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

Thanks !!  I think I'm ok ~ I had to reboot yesterday and everything seems back to normal now.

Great news!  (Those darn cookie crumbs...they get into everything!  Smiley Very Happy )

Thanks for letting me know.

mod.moose
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.