cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make this a preference...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to make this a preference...?

When I post a message or a reply there is this box at the bottom that says :
"Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks" and I have to remember to check that box even though I ALWAYS want to automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks. (I'm not sure who wouldn't.)

So is there a way to make that check box always be checked, for this feature to always be enabled?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is there a way to make this a preference...?

Greetings fellow Firefox user!

Look up at the top of the page, under where it says FICO Forums Technical Help, and click "My Profile." It will open to your personal preferences page, where you can create a siggy, etc. Look at the light blue tool bar under the search box and click Preferences. About 6 lines down, you should see "Use WYSIWYG Message Editor," which is probably clicked.

UN-click WYSIWYG Message Editor. This is completely counter-intuitive (like so much in FICO land, lol), but that should make that box permanently checked. Start a reply or new post to confirm that the paragraph box is now already checked. HTH

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-02-2008 04:23 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to make this a preference...?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Greetings fellow Firefox user!

Look up at the top of the page, under where it says FICO Forums Technical Help, and click "My Profile." It will open to your personal preferences page, where you can create a siggy, etc. Look at the light blue tool bar under the search box and click Preferences. About 6 lines down, you should see "Use WYSIWYG Message Editor," which is probably clicked.

UN-click WYSIWYG Message Editor. This is completely counter-intuitive (like so much in FICO land, lol), but that should make that box permanently checked. Start a reply or new post to confirm that the paragraph box is now already checked. HTH

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-02-2008 04:23 PM

Yea, that IS counter-intuitive! Jeez...
Thanks for explaining.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.