Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login problems and others with the new site

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Login problems and others with the new site

1. When I try to log in with the new site, I either get a "connection refused" message or a "timeout" depending on which browser I use. The timeout is not legit because it happens instantly. I was finally able to log in by going through the mods & admins page, but the regular login is unavailable since the site change.

2. I can no longer see any of my thread subscriptions.

3. I no longer see the "unread posts" option, which is the way I always navagated the site.

Those are the serious functionality problems. Otherwise I'm trying not to judge the new site because I know that sometimes things just take getting used to. However, it doesn't merely seem different and new, but wrong. For instance, although I'm on a PC, the site has an extremely barebones look, as if I've accessed the mobile version by accident.

I also thought, from the announcements prior to the change, that functionality would be the same and only the look would be different. Functionality is definitely not the same at all.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Login problems and others with the new site

4. Used to be if I were anywhere within the forums and I clicked on Community, the link would take me back to the first page of the forums. Now, clicking on Community takes me OUT of the forums entirely (which, I'm sorry, is very, very stupid). It takes me to the main MyFico.com page, where I then have to click on Community to get back to the forums.

Message 2 of 14
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

1. When I try to log in with the new site, I either get a "connection refused" message or a "timeout" depending on which browser I use. The timeout is not legit because it happens instantly. I was finally able to log in by going through the mods & admins page, but the regular login is unavailable since the site change.

3. I no longer see the "unread posts" option, which is the way I always navagated the site.

Those are the serious functionality problems. Otherwise I'm trying not to judge the new site because I know that sometimes things just take getting used to. However, it doesn't merely seem different and new, but wrong. For instance, although I'm on a PC, the site has an extremely barebones look, as if I've accessed the mobile version by accident.

I also thought, from the announcements prior to the change, that functionality would be the same and only the look would be different. Functionality is definitely not the same at all.

What's funny about that is that if you access the mobile version, you have to request the desktop version to get some semblance of functionality.

Although, of all the complaints I have with this new "experience," I haven't had any connection problems at home on my mobile or at work on the PC.  Of course, I'm using Firefox 52.0.2 on WIndows 7.  (Later versions of Firefox so far break some needed functionality at work).  You may want to explore installing an older version of Firefox in a different folder just to experiment.

You aren't getting the security exception when you try to connect, are you?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The log in issues are being experienced by quite a few people and this is being worked on.

Message 4 of 14
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Irish, thank you. I'm glad that's being worked on and I'm sorry you volunteer mods are being stuck in the middle of this mess.

Message 5 of 14
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

What's funny about that is that if you access the mobile version, you have to request the desktop version to get some semblance of functionality.

Although, of all the complaints I have with this new "experience," I haven't had any connection problems at home on my mobile or at work on the PC.  Of course, I'm using Firefox 52.0.2 on WIndows 7.  (Later versions of Firefox so far break some needed functionality at work).  You may want to explore installing an older version of Firefox in a different folder just to experiment.

You aren't getting the security exception when you try to connect, are you?

Thank you, Dalmus. I'm not getting a security exception. On Firefox (47 for Linux) I get a timeout, only it's not a real timeout because it shows up instantly when I click to submit my username and password. On Chromium I get connection refused. This happens every time I try to log in from the main page, but if I go to the mods and admins page, I can use the "sign in" link there.

Message 6 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The log in issues are being experienced by quite a few people and this is being worked on.

Thanks, Irish.  Do you by chance know if the issues with the new look of the forum (literally painful to read) are being looked at?  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Irish.  Do you by chance know if the issues with the new look of the forum (literally painful to read) are being looked at?  

All of the complaints are being reviewed.  Some things will undoubtedly be fixed but I can't make any promises as to what changes, if any, will be made to the site's appearance.  The Mods can only pass along what we see posted and give our input but ultimately these types of decisions are made by the FICO and Lithium staff. I know that's not the answer you want to hear but that's the situation.  I do ask that posters try to be patient while the issues are being addresed.

Message 8 of 14
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All of the complaints are being reviewed.  Some things will undoubtedly be fixed but I can't make any promises as to what changes, if any, will be made to the site's appearance.  The Mods can only pass along what we see posted and give our input but ultimately these types of decisions are made by the FICO and Lithium staff. I know that's not the answer you want to hear but that's the situation.  I do ask that posters try to be patient while the issues are being addresed.

Despite my grumping about it, I'm smart enough to know that things need some time to be implemented.  I know the mods are probably taking the brunt of the complaints, and I certainly would never be able to be as graceful as you lot are.  Thanks for passing along the issues, and don't take anything we say as personal slights against you lot.  Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 9 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, Irish!   Sincerely appreciate all that you and the other mods do for the forum!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.