tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Login problems and others with the new site

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The log in issues are being experienced by quite a few people and this is being worked on.

Thanks, Irish.  Do you by chance know if the issues with the new look of the forum (literally painful to read) are being looked at?  

All of the complaints are being reviewed.  Some things will undoubtedly be fixed but I can't make any promises as to what changes, if any, will be made to the site's appearance.  The Mods can only pass along what we see posted and give our input but ultimately these types of decisions are made by the FICO and Lithium staff. I know that's not the answer you want to hear but that's the situation.  I do ask that posters try to be patient while the issues are being addresed.

Thank you, Irish!   Sincerely appreciate all that you and the other mods do for the forum!  

Just so you know the Admins have documented all of the issues that have been posted here and elsewhere and are doing their best to address them.  The complaints arent being ignored and I can assure everyone that they and the rest of us want everyone to enjoy the new design.  As we know more, myself and the other Mods will do our best to keep everyone informed.

Message 11 of 14
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

The recent repairs to the site are a good start, but I'm still having several issues, and one new issue has developed.

1. The Community link on the home page still goes to the main MyFico page, not to the forums.

2. The black on white color scheme is still very harsh, though it's good that the problem with the giant type has been solved.

3. We're still missing the old function that let us see all the threads, across all the boards, that have new content in them.

4. The new function that supposedly shows us which threads have unread posts in them by turning the post count light blue doesn't work for me. With the exception of a couple threads that I've posted in, the forums now show ALL content in ALL threads as being new.

The login problems seem to be over, so that's good. But please, please, please bring back the the feature that lets us read all new content without having to go through every single board looking for topics that might interest us. The features that supposedly show us new posts and new threads aren't the same at all and do not give the easy navigational functionality of the old feature.

Message 12 of 14
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@Gunnar419 wrote:

The recent repairs to the site are a good start, but I'm still having several issues, and one new issue has developed.

1. The Community link on the home page still goes to the main MyFico page, not to the forums.

2. The black on white color scheme is still very harsh, though it's good that the problem with the giant type has been solved.

3. We're still missing the old function that let us see all the threads, across all the boards, that have new content in them.

4. The new function that supposedly shows us which threads have unread posts in them by turning the post count light blue doesn't work for me. With the exception of a couple threads that I've posted in, the forums now show ALL content in ALL threads as being new.

The login problems seem to be over, so that's good. But please, please, please bring back the the feature that lets us read all new content without having to go through every single board looking for topics that might interest us. The features that supposedly show us new posts and new threads aren't the same at all and do not give the easy navigational functionality of the old feature.

1. Can you specify which community link? 

2. We will look into some color options.

3. At the bottom of the forums homepage, there are the "latest posts + lastest topics" sections that allow you to see all new posts on all boards. Is this the feature you're looking for? 

4. We've changed this feature to make unread threads bolded + light blue. 

Message 13 of 14
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

1. Can you specify which community link? 

Currently the only one that seems to have that problem is the Community link on the main page of the forums. No community link is actually needed there, of course. But the link that says "Community" should probably say "Home" or something like that, since it goes to myfico.com

2. We will look into some color options.

Thank you.

3. At the bottom of the forums homepage, there are the "latest posts + lastest topics" sections that allow you to see all new posts on all boards. Is this the feature you're looking for? 

No. No, it is absolutely NOT the same feature you used to have. The "latest post" feature shows post after post in the same thread, which is simply annoying. Nobody needs that; we need to be able to find the first new post in a thread, then follow the thread. While that's possible to do, it's hard to FIND the threads that are of interest because "latest posts" is so cluttered.

The "latest threads" feature only shows new threads. It also doesn't let us go directly to new posts in threads we're interested in.

The feature you used to have allowed users to pop right into the first unread post of any thread anywhere on the board, then follow the discussion to the end of that thread. Now there is no equivalent to that handy feature. Now if I want to follow threads, I have to go into each separate topic area OR put up with all the clutter in the "new posts" feature.

4. We've changed this feature to make unread threads bolded + light blue. 

I know, and it would be a good change except that the new forum seems to have "forgotten" all the posts/threads I've already read. By default it has changed everything to "unread" except, as far as I can tell, the threads I've participated in since the update.

Thank you for responding. The forums are a little better since the repairs, but navigation and keeping track of the threads I'm trying to follow is still a huge mess.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.