Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the new site!

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Love the new site!

Anyone knows how to switch to the braille version? My eyes are hurting so bad now can’t continue anymore!  Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to be able to load pictures on my iphone and change fonts/colors etc.  You can't do that anymore...and the scrooolliiinggg...Smiley Sad

Makes me want to stop coming here and play.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can so I can, keep track of my visions surfing on this site.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The notifications are annoying. Just by going to the notifications page, the alerts disappear and I do not know which I’ve read and which I haven’t.
Message 14 of 25
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My grandparents have their phones and computers zoomed in to 200% cause they can't see the regular font size. That is what this new site looks like. I'm tired of having to scroll and scroll and scroll just to read a single post.

Smiley Mad That's what I thought, too. I tried solving the problem by reducing zoom to 75%. It didn't help the scrolling problem all that much, but because the typeface is already super bold, when I reduced everything, all the type smooshed together into an unreadable mass.

Message 15 of 25
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My grandparents have their phones and computers zoomed in to 200% cause they can't see the regular font size. That is what this new site looks like. I'm tired of having to scroll and scroll and scroll just to read a single post.

Smiley Mad That's what I thought, too. I tried solving the problem by reducing zoom to 75%. It didn't help the scrolling problem all that much, but because the typeface is already super bold, when I reduced everything, all the type smooshed together into an unreadable mass.

That's a coding error.  Kinda seems like the coding for the new experience was done by a first year millenial intern with a vision impairment at Lithium who has neve rused the forum before.  (They told me to redo this site, and it works great for ME, so I'm done.)

Okay, I really should stop dumping on whoever created this... but seriously, the font size, formatting (so much unused screen space) and color issues are such ridiculously simple things I just don't understand how this could have been allowed to go live if it had been tested by somebody.

Yes, funtionality is different, too, but we would all adjust to that as long as the UI isn't an eye strain.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 16 of 25
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a coding error.  Kinda seems like the coding for the new experience was done by a first year millenial intern with a vision impairment at Lithium who has neve rused the forum before.  (They told me to redo this site, and it works great for ME, so I'm done.)

Okay, I really should stop dumping on whoever created this... but seriously, the font size, formatting (so much unused screen space) and color issues are such ridiculously simple things I just don't understand how this could have been allowed to go live if it had been tested by somebody.

Yes, funtionality is different, too, but we would all adjust to that as long as the UI isn't an eye strain.

Yes, that's about right -- the part up there in blue.

Just FYI to any actual MyFico tech people who might be reading here, on the Chromium browser, I see the dense, dark boldface type. On Firefox, I see the giant "kiddie Kindle" type that others have complained about.

On the changes in functionality (after we were promised functionality wouldn't change!), there is one thing I won't easily adjust to, and that's the disappearance of the "view unread posts" option, which was the way I always navigated the site. The "Latest posts" option isn't the same at all, and it's now impossible to pick up threads from the last already read comment and follow them to the end. It's a zoo now, trying to find and follow threads that interested me. All my subscriptions to threads have disappeared too. Has that happened to everybody or is it just me?

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please put myfic forum the way it was :-)
Message 18 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

On the changes in functionality (after we were promised functionality wouldn't change!), there is one thing I won't easily adjust to, and that's the disappearance of the "view unread posts" option, which was the way I always navigated the site. The "Latest posts" option isn't the same at all, and it's now impossible to pick up threads from the last already read comment and follow them to the end. It's a zoo now, trying to find and follow threads that interested me. All my subscriptions to threads have disappeared too. Has that happened to everybody or is it just me?

Hi @Gunnar419, this I can actually help with.  Smiley Wink

Go to Edit My Preferences, and click 'Linear Layout'.  Check the box for 'Jump to first unread post in a topic', then click 'save' at the bottom.

Any thread with new comments already has the number of (total) replies in light blue, but now when you click on the number of replies it will take you to the first unread message instead of just the first message.

Hang in there... we'll get through this!  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

UncleB, thank you. That helps some, but it's still not the same.

With the old site, if I clicked on Community, at the bottom of the page it would show me the threads with new comments in every part of the forum. I could go through the list and easily choose the ones I wanted to read. It was all in one place AND it would tell me how many replies were new. It was the quickest way to navagate the site and find topics of interest.

Now I have to go into each board separately. Then I have to click on each topic to see if there's anything there I want to read, and even with your tip I don't even see a way of knowing before I click how many new replies there are. I might be clicking on threads where I've already read all the messages.

The former simple, straightforward and useful functionality is gone. Even with the tip you gave me navagation is clunky and time consuming.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.