Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the new site!

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Love the new site!

@Gunnar419 wrote:

UncleB, thank you. That helps some, but it's still not the same.

With the old site, if I clicked on Community, at the bottom of the page it would show me the threads with new comments in every part of the forum. I could go through the list and easily choose the ones I wanted to read. It was all in one place AND it would tell me how many replies were new. It was the quickest way to navagate the site and find topics of interest.

Now I have to go into each board separately. Then I have to click on each topic to see if there's anything there I want to read, and even with your tip I don't even see a way of knowing before I click how many new replies there are. I might be clicking on threads where I've already read all the messages.

The former simple, straightforward and useful functionality is gone. Even with the tip you gave me navagation is clunky and time consuming.

Oh I agree, it's not the same, and it doesn't address your overall issue.  My hope was that it would help somewhat in the interim.  Smiley Wink

I had several of the same concerns myself; I was a nearly-constant user of jumping to the first unread thread, so until the setting was pointed out to me by an admin I was frustrated as well (I've suggested making it the default).

Once you're read all the post in a thread, the 'number of posts' turns black... it's only light blue if there are unread messages (posts).  This isn't the same as before - before you could see how many posts were unread and now you can't - but you are able to see if there are any unread post (based on the color) and you can jump to the first unread by clicking the blue number of replies.

Edited to add:  I just realized that with the check box selected over in Linear Layout you don't have to click the blue number to jump directly to the first unread post... you can actually click the primary thread link and it also takes you to the first unread post.  (Learn something new everyday... )

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

With the old site, if I clicked on Community, at the bottom of the page it would show me the threads with new comments in every part of the forum. I could go through the list and easily choose the ones I wanted to read. It was all in one place AND it would tell me how many replies were new. It was the quickest way to navagate the site and find topics of interest.

Now I have to go into each board separately. Then I have to click on each topic to see if there's anything there I want to read, and even with your tip I don't even see a way of knowing before I click how many new replies there are. I might be clicking on threads where I've already read all the messages.

The former simple, straightforward and useful functionality is gone. Even with the tip you gave me navagation is clunky and time consuming.

Oh I agree, it's not the same, and it doesn't address your overall issue.  My hope was that it would help somewhat in the interim.  Smiley Wink

I had several of the same concerns myself; I was a nearly-constant user of jumping to the first unread thread, so until the setting was pointed out to me by an admin I was frustrated as well (I've suggested making it the default).

Once you're read all the post in a thread, the 'number of posts' turns black... it's only light blue if there are unread messages (posts).  This isn't the same as before - before you could see how many posts were unread and now you can't - but you are able to see if there are any unread post (based on the color) and you can jump to the first unread by clicking the blue number of replies.

Edited to add:  I just realized that with the check box selected over in Linear Layout you don't have to click the blue number to jump directly to the first unread post... you can actually click the primary thread link and it also takes you to the first unread post.  (Learn something new everyday... )

So, will the forum be changed back? It is hard to keep track of the replies/jumping back and forth to find where you left off on a thread.

Message 22 of 25
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Your advice did help. And now I see the reply count turning black. That's something, too. I'm glad to know that a mod shares some of the concerns of other users. I hope you'll be in there advocating with the admins for bringing back the old functionality. 

The site needed an update of its appearance for sure. But functionality wasn't broke and they shouldn't have tried to fix it.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so i have a private message...how in the world do i open it or reply to it.  I have no options whatsover to do anything but to ready partial words.

Not sure how long until someone does something and fixes this website.

Message 24 of 25
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so i have a private message...how in the world do i open it or reply to it.  I have no options whatsover to do anything but to ready partial words.

Not sure how long until someone does something and fixes this website.

Click on the message title underneath the username of the person that sent it and the date.  Once it's open, you will see the big blue "reply" button at the bottom right of the message.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.