cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark *ALL* as read (not just the current topic you're in)?

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Mark *ALL* as read (not just the current topic you're in)?

There area a few individual topics that I don't read...  Its annoying to have to go to every invididual topic under "Types of Credit" (for example) and Mark All Read.

In the OLD forum, there was an option at the top level of the hierarchy to mark all as read.  In the new forum, it appears that its only possible to mark all posts as read in an individual topic.

Is the ability to mark all forums as read still there, just buried under some odd submenu somewhere?

Thanks!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Mark *ALL* as read (not just the current topic you're in)?

@Dalmus wrote:

There area a few individual topics that I don't read...  Its annoying to have to go to every invididual topic under "Types of Credit" (for example) and Mark All Read.

In the OLD forum, there was an option at the top level of the hierarchy to mark all as read.  In the new forum, it appears that its only possible to mark all posts as read in an individual topic.

Is the ability to mark all forums as read still there, just buried under some odd submenu somewhere?

Thanks!

That functionality is the same now as it was on the old layout; the only way to use 'Mark All As Read' is for a thread, or for a board (via the options menu ("three dots").

There's no way to mark multiple boards as 'read' all at once.

Message 2 of 5
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply, UncleB.

I must be confusing MyFico with another forum...

I was willing to bet money that there was "mark all posts read" option somewhere in the links running down the side of the main page, and then in an individual topic there was an option in the menu near where my username displayed on the top left of the thread list that would mark all threads read.

But, I guess I could be wrong.  Either way, if its not possible now, it doesn't matter.  Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 3 of 5
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

At the bottom of the page, there is a Quick Links section that has this option - "Mark all posts in Community as Read."

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

At the bottom of the page, there is a Quick Links section that has this option - "Mark all posts in Community as Read."

Ahh... great catch!  I had never even noticed that before.  dunce.gif

@Dalmus, there's your solution!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.