Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile version not showing on Chrome for Android

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Mobile version not showing on Chrome for Android

This started on Friday/Saturday.  Tested from my tablet (Nexus 7.2 - Jelly Bean) and Phone (Droid Boinic - ICS).  Double checked that "request desktop site" wasn't checked.  It isn't.   Also tried clearing cache/cookies.  Didn't help.

When you click on the "view site in mobile" it works for one page, but as soon as you click any link it reverts back to the full site. (iow, mobile/full site selection is sticky).  

I've had this problem working in the standard Android browser, too, for quite a while. (The stock "browser" that came with ICS on phones and is still on alot of phones).

Please fix.

Thanks,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Mobile version not showing on Chrome for Android

I'll do some investigating on this to see if it's a known issue.

Message 2 of 6
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Thanks!

For what it's worth, Android Chrome updated to v29 the other day, that might be what did it.  "Browser" has been showing the full site for quite a while.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Message 3 of 6
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

I haven't forgotten about this.  I'm still doing some testing and checking with the development team.  I don't even have the option for mobile view on my Android running 4.3, so I suspect there might be a bug somewhere but still verifying.

Message 4 of 6
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

My guess is that the browser version/platform needs to be added to the detect script.  It seems to default to the desktop site when the browser isn't in the list.  The new release of Chrome 29 for android would have horked it up.  If you're using jquery, it might just be a simple as pointing to the new version.

Theoretically this is the old-school way to do it, the new-school method is to detect browser width and determine which version to display based on screen size.

Just some thoughts from a former software architect...  ;-)

-SM

Message 5 of 6
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

We submitted a support ticket on this issue and Lithium support is working with the myFICO admin to check some settings on the back end that might have affected this.  Stay tuned. . .

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.