Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forums

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New forums

This is a good idea but I hope that if customers are having repeated problems that the forums are monitored so that customers get help.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New forums

Welcome. You can post feedback here; however, many times (for security reasons) a call to customer service will be required.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

People should know that paying off old credit debts can really hurt your score badly.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Credit Reporting problems

Hi all, I'm new to this so hope someone can help out. I have two issues. The first one is that my mother was an onsite manager for an apartment complex and because of the Owner's fault, a tenant sued to get his security deposit back. Well, my mother was named as the person being sued (should have been the owner) and even though it was paid off, it is still reporting on my mother's credit. We called the court and they said they can't do anything about it. How can we get it removed off my mother's credit when it should never have been in her name to begin with? My credit. In 2003 I was transfered to CA from AZ for work and lived in CA for the last 3 weeks of 2003. My check was still coming from AZ so I never filed CA taxes. Come to find out that I had a lien put against me for over $5000. I filed my taxes for the 3 weeks and only had to pay about just over $500 (five hundred). Am I able to get this removed from my report or have the amount changed? It shows a paid lien for $5000. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two Credit Reporting problems

sdballplayer - Please post a new thread in the General Credit forum.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, well. Paying off old credit cards/debts can hurt you if the statute of limitations has begun (9 yrs for most).  I got bit a time or two from collectors trying to scam me into thinking that I had to pay...but found out after paying them a few hundred $ that I was just giving it away. Once I wrote to them about it, they replied telling me I was right, but wouldn't give what money they got back from me up until then.
It's really strange, but if you have a mess of old credit that is due, it's better off to pay the majority of them off.  Your credit score will go down but you have to apply for new credit cards and use them wisely.  Just make sure you have the money to pay them off, but just give them a hundred or two more than the minimum payment.  Works really well.  By juggling my cards in this manner my score in three months jumped to good and now I'm reaching Excellent.
   You never really get out of debt if your smart. Keep them on your string.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Credit Reporting problems

This isn't hard to figure.  On your mothers problem she has the opportunity to sue the owner when she explains it to the Judge.  Don't use Judge Judy, she's a mean one!  I've found that Judge Joe Brown is about the best if she really wants to enlighten the public on her matter!!!  You as well as she and anyone out there on this planet must keep the channel open to the three credit bureau outfits.  Write to each of them and keep a copy for yourself. Tell them your situation and you would be surprised how nice and willing they are to help you out.  If you get a person you can't understand over the phone, just call / write them back until you get one that is most helpful.

IF you don't get the answer your looking for, ask them if they would refer you to the right person.  Believe me, it works.  Especially if you put it in writing.  Get no reply?  Re-send your copy and again keep a copy for yourself.
I've had to do all of this and believe me, it does work.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.