Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to stay logged on

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

Option to stay logged on

I hate having to log onto myFico forums every time I go away from my computer every 5 minutes.  There needs to be an option to keep me logged in on this computer indefinetely or for a period of time like 2 weeks or something.  It is rediculous that I have to keep logging in when I am using the forums from my computer at home that nobody but me uses.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Option to stay logged on

I thought the idle time was 30 minutes or an hour.

I was logged in yesterday, went to kitchen to make a pot of navy bean soup, and when I came back I was still logged in. It must have been like 30-45 minutes.

I thought this was a secure website. Apparently I'm wrong. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 01-22-2008 09:30 AM
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yum, the soup sounds good!

Mine seems to stay logged in for 20 or 30 minutes, I guess.

The forums aren't secure (http), but the pages with your scores are (https.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks hauling. The log in page is secured to. Bad assumption on my part.

Mmmmmmm....hmmmmmm. Navy bean soup is my favorite. I use the U.S. Senate recipe from cooks.com. Great recipe website.
Message 4 of 10
heirophant
Established Contributor

Yeah, 5 minutes is an exageration.  Just trying to make a point.  I hate loggin in so much.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 5 of 10
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

This morning, around 4 AM (EST) I was logged in, returned to this website, and found this message-

The Forums Are Closed For Maintenance

The forums are currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later.

I think that this is the first time I've ever had this happen to me. 

Message Edited by psychic on 01-23-2008 05:33 AM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 6 of 10
Raine
Established Contributor

Heirophant,

While it doesn't completely solve the log-out issue, I can give you a couple of pointers to stay logged in. It will only work if you are idling outside of a thread (so on the main forums screen or in any of the major boards).

• Click the "My Profile" link on the upper half of the page.
  • From there, click on the "preferences" tag.
  • Scroll down to "General Settings".
  • In the "Automatic Page Refresh Interval" section, replace the 0 with a 5.

This will make it so the forums will refresh every five minutes as long as you are not creating a post or in a thread. You will still automatically log out if you idle too long in either of those two areas.

One big note: Please make sure you use the log-out function any time you leave your computer, especially if someone else is around.
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks, Raine! I'm such a noisy thing that I don't usually time out on the forums, but I do on my page with my scores. They are (temporarily) all in the 700's, due to Citi saying I was disputing a late, so I like looking at them and gloating. It will be nice to not time out so quickly on that. Smiley Happy

BTW, everyone, after you change from 0 to 5, don't forget to slide WAAAAAY down to the bottom of the page to save your change.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
seemund
Contributor

Hello, Sorry to bring this thread back to life (4 years old), but would it be possible to take this again into consideration? 

It would be great to have a "remember me/stay logged on" button, so we wouldn't have to login all the time...

Thank you.

Message 9 of 10
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@seemund wrote:

Hello, Sorry to bring this thread back to life (4 years old), but would it be possible to take this again into consideration? 

It would be great to have a "remember me/stay logged on" button, so we wouldn't have to login all the time...

Thank you.

Almost two years ago the timeout was uncreased from 30 minutes to 120 minutes.

mod.moose
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.