Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the old site!

tag
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Re: Please bring back the old site!

This new site is really atrocious.  It hurts my eyes, and it is too difficult to figure out what posts are unread and which ones aren't.  

Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really disconcerting that there has been no response from MyFICO on this.  The feedback has been very descriptive and has many common themes among various users.  I get that it takes time to make changes, but at least make this a two way conversation. Don't you think it's telling that the complaints seem to be more numerous than the applause?

Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really disconcerting that there has been no response from MyFICO on this.  The feedback has been very descriptive and has many common themes among various users.  I get that it takes time to make changes, but at least make this a two way conversation. Don't you think it's telling that the complaints seem to be more numerous than the applause?

What do you mean that there has been no response from MyFICO.?  Of course there has-from the Moderators as we are the voice for them for now.  Instead of just reading one post or two, look at the various threads.  I specifically posted that the Admins are aware of every issue that has been discussed and are working on resolving as many as possible.

People really need to learn some patience. It has been a two way conversation and the complaints are being addressed.  

Message 33 of 45
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I have perfect eyesight. Literally!! This site is atrocious. It gives me a headache and I can't even make it through a page of posts.

TOO much (blindingly) white space

TOO large font

Some modifications are needed!!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 34 of 45
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean that there has been no response from MyFICO.?  Of course there has-from the Moderators as we are the voice for them for now.  Instead of just reading one post or two, look at the various threads.  I specifically posted that the Admins are aware of every issue that has been discussed and are working on resolving as many as possible.

People really need to learn some patience. It has been a two way conversation and the complaints are being addressed.  

Irish, I agree with midwestcoast.

I'm sure that the gnomes of MyFico are working behind the scenes to fix this mess. And you and UncleB have been wonderful at doing your mod duties in the midst of a situation you did not make. But MyFico should not be relying on volunteers to cover their backside.

It's been years since a MyFico admin took a good, active role in these forums (Barry, I think was the last great guy). Otherwise, we hear from admins seldom and briefly. Now the company has made a dreadful mess of this site roll-out. It looks to many of us like the worst botch since the Obamacare site launch. Purely as a matter of good customer relations, a MyFico employee should be in here talking with us, answering our questions and giving us updates on all those things you tell us are being done behind the scenes. It should not have fallen to you to deliver vague assurances that things are being taken care of.

It's elementary customer relations. MyFico screwed up royally. MyFico, as in paid employees or contractors who know the subject well, should be out front and should be UP FRONT with us, its paying customers and potentially paying customers. It should do that not to satisfy our impatience, but for its own reputation.

Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cindy from FICO has updated the headline banner.  In case you missed it:

"Members, we’re reading your feedback and hear your concerns. We’ll be addressing them and making updates soon.

We ask for your patience during this time of change. Thank you for being a part of the community, and we want to continue making the myFICO Forums a great experience for all"

Message 36 of 45
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Just to add my two cents in here: 

Yes, everything is too large, too spaced out, and too bright. There is no contrast, and the design elements are all very basic. I feel like I'm using Microsoft Word without the "coloful" mode selected - white, white, white...

Please take a look at other web forums products for ideas on how you can have a clean and modern look, while still maintaining some contrast and usability. 

www.invisioncommunity.com would be a good place to start, as they specialize in forum products for websites. 

Edit: Also it's impossible to tell what postings have new replies now. They're not bolded for me anymore. 

Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a very un picky person. I'm generally happy with anything.

Let's just say my participation on this forum is alot less since the design change. It's that bad.
Message 38 of 45
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Threads with new replies have the reply count in blue. Old threads with no activity have the reply count in black.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-update I was on here 6-15 times a day.  Now I log in once every few days.  I think the site analytics speak for themselves.  

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.