Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the old site!

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Please bring back the old site!

Mobile is awful.

I'm interested to know if this was a change because somebody actually thought this looked better and was more functional than the old format, or if this was a change because the old format was End of Life?

I really don't want to have to make 6 tweaks every time I try to use this site in order to make it somewhat functional and a little less irritating on the eyes.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mobile version is too much in the face. Makes me feel like someone is yelling at me.
Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it very difficult on the eyes when reading through thread topics.

Message 13 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the efforts to improve the site. I understand that it was going for a "fresher look" maybe (it was fine before). It's clunky and almost impossible to use now. Hurths my eyes. TOO MUCH WHITE at night. Make mobile experience better, but ruin everything else? I don't even use mobile for posting in forums. It would take FOREVER to type out new content. You may see a lot of traffic coming from mobile, but they are not the ones adding the content.

Wouldn't it be better to poll members on feature requests and stuff first? We're all active and chatty.  This will probably be my last post here until I get a notification it's been changed back.

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what it is, but it’s hard to read. Text is too big. Lines are spaced out too much. Post title doesn’t stand out in the post listings.  Need to differentiate it from surrounding text. Too much scrolling. Like two posts fit on a page. I pay for a high resolution screen for a reason. Please take advantage of it. 

ALL OF THIS

Message 15 of 45
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I appreciate the efforts to improve the site. I understand that it was going for a "fresher look" maybe (it was fine before). It's clunky and almost impossible to use now. Hurths my eyes. TOO MUCH WHITE at night. Make mobile experience better, but ruin everything else? I don't even use mobile for posting in forums. It would take FOREVER to type out new content. You may see a lot of traffic coming from mobile, but they are not the ones adding the content.

Wouldn't it be better to poll members on feature requests and stuff first? We're all active and chatty.  This will probably be my last post here until I get a notification it's been changed back.

The mobile experience is NOT better.  It is just as obnoxious.  The layout looks better if you request the desktop version of the site on mobile, but then the text shrinks down and if you zoom, it doesn't autofit, so if you want text at a reasonable size, then you have to  constantly scroll left and right while you're reading.  If you leave it on Mobile, then we have the same giant text and bright white the actual desktop users on a PC get.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Message 16 of 45
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Please fix the new site!

I figure a new option was needed, something between "Love the new site" (I don't) and "Bring back the old site!" (It had its problems too).

Without going so far as to roll back to the old version, what are some useful changes we'd like to see?

I'll start.

• JEEZ it's huge! All scrolling, all the time. As I mentioned elsewhere, if I had the ancient WebTV I'd be giggly happy. But I don't and I'm not. Please give us some display options that we can set individually. If that's beyond the capabilities, then please give us...

• ...Smaller font sizes, less scrolling. My old carpal tunnel is really not liking the new site. 

• Something less painful to gaze at than #000000 against #ffffff (for folks unfamiliar with hex codes this is the blackest of blacks against the brightest of whites, and yes I checked the page code).

Not all of the text is unfriendly against #fff. Forum titles, for example, are an eye-comforting dark grey. But the content that I would like to spend more than a split-second to read is not. It's uncomfortable against white. In the real world, look at paper. Except for some of the superbrights, it's not going to be bright white. The ink will be dark, but probably not truly black. 

Yes, this is a design religious war. Yes, there are different ways of determining contrast, and they become even more nuanced with color involved. I'm sticking to just the B/W here (for now...). 

Accessibility guidelines call for contrast ratios of 3:1, 4.5:1, or 7:1 depending upon various factors and the guideline authority. #000 vs #fff is 21:0. There's a LOT of wiggle room in there. Can we use some of it, please? 

Finally,

• I miss the favicon, that little blue rounded-square with "my fico" in it that used to appear on all forum pages, not just at the category levels. Those of us in the million-open-tabs club would be grateful for its return Smiley Happy

I feel like I'm nit-picking the free gift horse that is this website. Make no mistake, I'm grateful for the site and for all of the great information here. My comments come from a place of affection, and desire for it to be even better. Thanks for reading.

Message 17 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please fix the new site!

i agree with you.. i can get used to a new layout but the HUGE font and rediculous scrolling has to go!.. and the crazy whiteness on a computer.. which i can use my phone all the time but sometimes a computer is just easier

Message 18 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

While there are legitimate complaints, we don't need to have 13 different threads on the topic.  Post in one of the existing ones.

Message 19 of 45
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i agree with you.. i can get used to a new layout but the HUGE font and rediculous scrolling has to go!.. and the crazy whiteness on a computer.. which i can use my phone all the time but sometimes a computer is just easier

Have you tried it on mobile yet?  Just as blinding.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, on Mobile, the desktop site looks and works better than on the actual desktop.  Except the font sizes and formatting controls were programmed embarassinly poorly and when viewing the desktop version on mobile, the font is tiny unil you zoom in, but then doesn't reformat to fit the page size and causes scrolling scrolling scrolling in every direction.

I'm coming to the conclusion that all involved were blindsided by the live layout, whatever the preview testing (that was hopefully done, but possibly not...) looked like.  While the new UI is certainly going to prevent me from being as active a reader/poster, I think we all need to give the mods and administrators and whoever else is up the chain of command some time to work with Lithium to hopefully fix this wackadoodle of a UI before we go saying "I'm not coming back until this is fixed!"

To the Power That Be Who May Be Reading This:  I greatly appreciate the myFico community and all the help that it has given me to rebuild my credit report responsibly.  Please don't take any of these complaints personally.  If we didn't like the community, we wouldn't be so vocal about these changes.  The overwhelming theme of all the complaints is that on both mobile and desktop, there is no good flow to let us quickly scan topic headers and see what's new, the color scheme is bad, and the text formatting is just plain odd.  We WANT to spend time here scanning posts to see if we can help others.  We don't expect you completely abandon the new software and go back to the old, but hopefully you are taking some of these concerns into consideration.

Thanks!

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.