cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts Not Marked as Read

Valued Member

Posts Not Marked as Read

Recently, maybe two weeks, posts are not being marked as read when I log out. I have to manually use the button to mark all as read. I tried changing the preference in the settings, then back to when logged out, but no sucess. Did this change? It used to be marked as read for me.

 

Also, is there a button to mark all as read for the entire board, not just individual forums?

 

Edit: I found the link in the quick links to mark everything as read.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: Posts Not Marked as Read


slighooker wrote:

Recently, maybe two weeks, posts are not being marked as read when I log out. I have to manually use the button to mark all as read. I tried changing the preference in the settings, then back to when logged out, but no sucess. Did this change? It used to be marked as read for me.

 

Also, is there a button to mark all as read for the entire board, not just individual forums?

 

Edit: I found the link in the quick links to mark everything as read.


I've not heard of anybody else having that problem... I know at times I'll start browsing the forums before I sign-in, and of course anything I read before the login I have to manually mark as 'read'.

 

Also, posts should be marked as 'read' at the time you read them if you're logged in, it's not required for you to logout first (that's another way I can tell I'm not logged in).

Message 2 of 7
Valued Member

Re: Posts Not Marked as Read

I should have been more clear, the posts I do read are marked as read.  It is just the threads that I do not read are not marked.

Every thing was as it was supposed to be up to a few weeks ago, that is when the threads were not being marked as read. Very strange.

Message 3 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Posts Not Marked as Read

mine actually arent showing as "read" on my phone but if i look at it on the computer its fine

Cap1VentureOne 3750 | Gamestop 1950 | Discover 7000 | Amazon Prime Store Card 900 | Care Credit 2500 |Honda Financial Lease July 2017-2017 Honda Civic EX(early upgrade from 2015 Civic LX)
Ch 7 BK 12/2013 | Fico 8 EXP 669| TU 667 | Eq 687 |gardening starting October 1 and until further notice
Message 4 of 7
Moderator

Re: Posts Not Marked as Read


slighooker wrote:

I should have been more clear, the posts I do read are marked as read.  It is just the threads that I do not read are not marked.

Every thing was as it was supposed to be up to a few weeks ago, that is when the threads were not being marked as read. Very strange.


Hmm... nothing should be different.

 

Just to be clear, the threads you do not read should not be marked - that only happens when you actually open the thread. 

 

I know you found the option to mark all threads in the community as read, and you can also do that on a thread-by-thread basis (under topic options).

Message 5 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Posts Not Marked as Read

well it must have been the gremlins on mine because all the posts ive clicked on in the past half hour on my phone now show as read lol

Cap1VentureOne 3750 | Gamestop 1950 | Discover 7000 | Amazon Prime Store Card 900 | Care Credit 2500 |Honda Financial Lease July 2017-2017 Honda Civic EX(early upgrade from 2015 Civic LX)
Ch 7 BK 12/2013 | Fico 8 EXP 669| TU 667 | Eq 687 |gardening starting October 1 and until further notice
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Posts Not Marked as Read


UncleB wrote:

slighooker wrote:

I should have been more clear, the posts I do read are marked as read.  It is just the threads that I do not read are not marked.

Every thing was as it was supposed to be up to a few weeks ago, that is when the threads were not being marked as read. Very strange.


Hmm... nothing should be different.

 

Just to be clear, the threads you do not read should not be marked - that only happens when you actually open the thread. 

 

I know you found the option to mark all threads in the community as read, and you can also do that on a thread-by-thread basis (under topic options).


Correct, I did find the option in the settings to mark the threads as read when logging out. I have that option checked, but only the threads I actually read are marked as read. This is on my computer, I don't read the forums on my phone.

Message 7 of 7