Frequent Contributor
seigex

Ranking change?

[ Edited ]

I was moving up the ranks, made it to "Valued Member" and just received notice I was moved back to "New Contributer" .. is this the progression or was I set back to the start??

"Congratulations, seigex!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is New Contributor."

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Administrator
KaLin

Re: Ranking change?

Moving from Valued Member to New Contributor is actually a rank increase.  :smileyhappy:

Scroll over cards for limits and APR's. Total credit available $44.8K, utilization 12%, FICO score 752 (rebuilt from low score of 540 in May, 2005) Entered the garden 11/5/2013; In the Garden until 02/2016

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

seigex wrote:

I was moving up the ranks, made it to "Valued Member" and just received notice I was moved back to "New Contributer" .. is this the progression or was I set back to the start??

"Congratulations, seigex!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is New Contributor."

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Coming-Soon-New-Member-Ranks/td-p/951100

Frequent Contributor
seigex

thank you then! I retract my question... I guess the word "new" threw me off :smileyhappy:

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Frequent Contributor
seigex

Just realized why I got moved to from "Valued Member" to "New Contributer"... BUCKETING!

p- wrote:

ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

I am intrigued with the new algorithm.

MyFico is keeping the details under wraps.  From what I understand your ranking is baset on "bucketing".  Items in your Board file such as AAOP (average age of posts), number of posts, utilization (percentage of posts used relevantly), and negative accounts (posts deleted or edited for violating terms) are used to come up with a risk assesed profile bucketing you with other users that have a similar scorecard.

These buckets are then divided up into the scoring models, with some buckets limited as to how high they can score.  As your profile changes, you can be moved from one bucket to another, or one branch to another, changing your overall score.  That being said, no one really knows exactly how these algorithms work, and the information above has a high chance of being made up.

So it turns out, I was moved into the new bucket, and I have to start back over as a "New" Contributer... makes sense now :smileyindifferent: :smileyvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+