Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking change?

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Ranking change?

I was moving up the ranks, made it to "Valued Member" and just received notice I was moved back to "New Contributer" .. is this the progression or was I set back to the start??

"Congratulations, seigex!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is New Contributor."

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Ranking change?

Moving from Valued Member to New Contributor is actually a rank increase.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@seigex wrote:

I was moving up the ranks, made it to "Valued Member" and just received notice I was moved back to "New Contributer" .. is this the progression or was I set back to the start??

"Congratulations, seigex!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is New Contributor."

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Coming-Soon-New-Member-Ranks/td-p/951100

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 5
ceejx
Established Contributor

thank you then! I retract my question... I guess the word "new" threw me off Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
ceejx
Established Contributor

Just realized why I got moved to from "Valued Member" to "New Contributer"... BUCKETING!

@p- wrote:

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

I am intrigued with the new algorithm.

MyFico is keeping the details under wraps.  From what I understand your ranking is baset on "bucketing".  Items in your Board file such as AAOP (average age of posts), number of posts, utilization (percentage of posts used relevantly), and negative accounts (posts deleted or edited for violating terms) are used to come up with a risk assesed profile bucketing you with other users that have a similar scorecard.

These buckets are then divided up into the scoring models, with some buckets limited as to how high they can score.  As your profile changes, you can be moved from one bucket to another, or one branch to another, changing your overall score.  That being said, no one really knows exactly how these algorithms work, and the information above has a high chance of being made up.

So it turns out, I was moved into the new bucket, and I have to start back over as a "New" Contributer... makes sense now Smiley Indifferent Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.