Established Contributor
dharalex

Reply format problem

When I reply to a thread in nice flowing paragraphs, the way I typed it converts to I huge paragraph. Even if i made a list, it will still appear as i big paragraph. How do I get my text to appear the way I typed it?

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Reply format problem

When you type your reply, are you showing as being in Rich Text, or in HTML?

I used to love HTML, but several years ago they changed how it was set up, and I had to switch to Rich Text. :smileysad:

But if I recall correctly, the Giant Parablob used to occur on HTML.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
pipeguy

dharalex wrote:
When I reply to a thread in nice flowing paragraphs, the way I typed it converts to I huge paragraph. Even if i made a list, it will still appear as i big paragraph. How do I get my text to appear the way I typed it?

Rich text is easier to use, just add breaks (key enter or return) when you what a break. (OR) if you are using HTML just add a <br /> at the end of a line of text you want to "white space" line break.

A lot of word processors do not translate basic formatting correctly when pasted to online forum format. I usually write up long posts using Word, then past it to WordPad which uses Rich text as a default save and generally formats the same as myFICO forum text. I then cut and paste from WordPad. Shorter posts are generally typed freestyle online and spell checked before posting. You can probably format in Rich Text directly in Word, but I always found HTML did not translate that well from word to Web design (I used to write and maintain several web sites).

I assume Apple products are similar but I have no first hand knowledge of Apple software.

*** Remember the Tallyman because he sure remembers you ***
Super Contributor
Lel

dharalex wrote:

By any chance are you using a mobile device, such as an iPhone or iPad?  When I use an iPad, it also doesn't see the paragraph breaks in Rich Text.  Either I have to use HTML and add the <br><br> (two in a row to skip a line between paragraphs) or just post short messages that don't require multiple paragraphs.  I can be unnecessarily long-winded at times (or all the time, according to DW), so being forced to write short posts is a good thing.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Lel wrote:

By any chance are you using a mobile device, such as an iPhone or iPad?  When I use an iPad, it also doesn't see the paragraph breaks in Rich Text.  Either I have to use HTML and add the <br><br> (two in a row to skip a line between paragraphs) or just post short messages that don't require multiple paragraphs.  I can be unnecessarily long-winded at times (or all the time, according to DW), so being forced to write short posts is a good thing.

Gee I've never noticed that!  :smileysurprised:

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Established Contributor
dharalex

Lel wrote:

dharalex wrote:

Yes, I use an iPad most of the time. Occasionally, I use my mobile device. It seems rich text is the default text, so that's what I use. My PC is a Mac, so maybe I will just try to keep it short! Lol

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

dharalex wrote:

Lel wrote:

dharalex wrote:

Yes, I use an iPad most of the time. Occasionally, I use my mobile device. It seems rich text is the default text, so that's what I use. My PC is a Mac, so maybe I will just try to keep it short! Lol

Ah, that's it then. I should have thought of that at first! It's the iPad/ iPhone thing.

I usually post on a Mac laptop (I am now), and there are no problems. It's just on the mobile formats.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+