Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Password

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Resetting Password

I forgot my password and had to reset it.  This required entering my SS#, DOB and answering my secret question.  After entering my new password, I was automatically logged in and could access the forums.

Howerver, upon each subsequent visit to the forums, when I try to log in with the new password, I get:

"Login ID and password do not match. Please try again."

I have to then go through the whole "Forgot my password" ordeal and reset the password again.  The first few times, I reset using the exact same password I had previously reset it to.  The result was the same.  I could not log in and had to go through the process of resetting my password again, only to be automatically logged in, but unable to log in again after signing out.

Is this the norm for anyone who resets their password, and something is not working properly with the forum software?  Or is there something about my account that is "broken?"

Edit:  OK ... I was trying to log in with my email address instead of my "Screen ID."  So ... that problem is resolved. 

However, now that I am logged in normally, I would like to be able to change the temporary password I set without going through the "forgot my password" routine.  Am I missing the area within my account settings where I can change my password?

Message Edited by Dawn on 11-16-2008 04:48 AM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.