Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super slow

I've searched on here and can find some threads from years and years ago but no help.

For some reason myfico forum is suuuper slow to load.  Nothing else I do online goes this slow for me.

Using Chrome, each page takes about 15-20 seconds to load up.  Tried using Edge, and it's about 3x as long.

It's a new computer running Windows 10, so it's not a cache issue it has done this all along, whether I'm signed in or not.  So it's also not a subscription issue (I had 4 subscriptions, just removed them, no help)

One of the other suggestions was block scripts from lithium.com; tried that and no help.

Is this normal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Super slow

@Anonymous wrote:

I've searched on here and can find some threads from years and years ago but no help.

For some reason myfico forum is suuuper slow to load.  Nothing else I do online goes this slow for me.

Using Chrome, each page takes about 15-20 seconds to load up.  Tried using Edge, and it's about 3x as long.

It's a new computer running Windows 10, so it's not a cache issue it has done this all along, whether I'm signed in or not.  So it's also not a subscription issue (I had 4 subscriptions, just removed them, no help)

One of the other suggestions was block scripts from lithium.com; tried that and no help.

Is this normal?

I'm in Firefox having the same problem... for me it's been goinig on for a day or so.

My issue seems to be much of the background stuff never finishes loading... I can still navigate the page and post, but the browser activity indicator never stops as if the page is still loading.  I get this on many pages, but not all.

When this happens the browser tends to be 'stuck' on the same handful of things:

• Read configusa.veinteractive.com...
  • Transferring data from data.coremetrics.com...

I've also had tabs stuck on:

I've had 'perpetual loading' with other messages at the bottom as well, but these three seem to be the most common I've come across.

I have Adblock (which has never caused a problem in the past) but I have it disabled and the issue persists.

I'm not sure what's up, but it apparently has something to do with what goes on in the background not happening as timely as it should be.  Smiley Sad

In my case my computer is older so I might not be a reliable 'baseline', however FWIW until a day or so ago I didn't have any problems and so far this site is the only one I'm experiencing trouble with.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Super slow

My computer is only 8 months old and I am experiencing the same thing, seems to happen every once in awhile in conjunction with other problems that arise.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.