Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text size / Zoom broken in Chrome/Mac

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Text size / Zoom broken in Chrome/Mac

I don't know if you guys were aware, but the browser zoom function is no longer effecting the text on the site when using Chrome/Mac.  The layout seems to zoom, though not at the normal ratios.

This means that on a standard 17" macbook pro, the fonts are so small it's nearly impossible to read because when you zoom, the fonts stay the same.

It seems to work fine in Safari (which I don't normally use) and I haven't tested Fox yet, but there is definitley an incompatibility issue with Chrome/Mac.

If you could look into it, I'd really appreciate it.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Text size / Zoom broken in Chrome/Mac

@SoulMaster wrote:

I don't know if you guys were aware, but the browser zoom function is no longer effecting the text on the site when using Chrome/Mac.  The layout seems to zoom, though not at the normal ratios.

This means that on a standard 17" macbook pro, the fonts are so small it's nearly impossible to read because when you zoom, the fonts stay the same.

It seems to work fine in Safari (which I don't normally use) and I haven't tested Fox yet, but there is definitley an incompatibility issue with Chrome/Mac.

If you could look into it, I'd really appreciate it.

-SM

Hi SoulMaster,

Sorry you are having font issues.  I don't have a Mac, so I'm unable to test this but I'll see if I can find someone to test this out for you.  

In the meantime, have you tried changing the Text Size in your settings?  

My Settings -> Preference Tab -> Display ->  Text Size.  

The default is Medium.  Try a larger size and let me know if that helps for now.

mod.moose
Message 2 of 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Text size / Zoom broken in Chrome/Mac

That seems to have helped on every page except the main forum home page (and only when I'm actually logged in).  Thanks.

It would be great if you could solve the Chrome/Mac issue though.  I've seen this before on a site I ran, it was  in the CSS.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.