Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird signature problem

tag
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

Weird signature problem

Hello. I was attempting to go in and change my signature today, and all of a sudden I am now getting the error "Your setting's value has been changed because invalid HTML was found. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the value and re-submit the form when you are satisfied." I cannot use any IMG html in the signature without this error throwing. I even tried to save it exactly as it was with no changes, and it still gave me the error. I then tried to change it to regular text and it worked. It seems to be removing anything with tags saying it's invalid, so it seems that somehow HTML signatures is now invalid for me.

I read that some users need to have a certain number of posts / have a "Member" status on the forum, however I don't believe this is the issue since my status is Contributor.

Can anyone help? Thanks

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Weird signature problem

having a simular issue, trying to img to ruby spade, but keep getting the same error message you are...  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just push right on thru that error message and hit the post or save button again, I get this message all the time when I try to put in copied html into the rich text box.

Message 3 of 7
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Just push right on thru that error message and hit the post or save button again, I get this message all the time when I try to put in copied html into the rich text box.

I've tried that, but it removes the entire signature with HTML from the editbox and I have to repaste it in, and then I get the same error message again. 

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's goofed too, I can't edit or update my signature...

Oz

Message 5 of 7
alkaline
Regular Contributor

I'm still having this problem as well Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat here.  Can't change my sig line HTML.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.