cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my original myFICO profile?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened to my original myFICO profile?

I registered with the myFICO community several months ago, and even posted a couple of messages.  When I logged in tonight, the system asked me to select a profile name. When I tried to choose the same profile name, I received a message saying that the name was already being used.  This makes me nervous. What could have happened to my old profile? 

Help!

Thanks,
Tappy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What happened to my original myFICO profile?

I don't know why it happens, but there are a couple of times it prompted me to create a new ID as well. What I suggest doing is log out and re-log in under the same username and password as when you first registered. That should clear it. When it asked me, I clicked back on the browser and it worked fine the second time around. Post back if there are any more challenges.

Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

+1

To this day, I sometimes still accidentally select the Register button instead of the Log-in. Not saying that that's what happened to you, but it's certainly one way to get that message.

The good news is that your profile must still be active, since you got the message that the username was already taken. Try llecs' suggestion about logging out and back in again, and see if you have better luck.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
TapDancer324
New Contributor

So... I log in this morning, and the OLD profile is in effect again.  LOL  Oh well... I'll just go with it.  I was afraid that my account had been hacked in some way.

Thanks for the feedback,
Tappy

Starting Score: 534 EQ FICO: 10/11
Current Score: 727 EQ FICO; 717 TU FICO (per Lending Club) As of 6/1/14; ??? EX :
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

This is a hack-free zone, unless you have a bad cold.

Message 5 of 6
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@TapDancer324 wrote:

So... I log in this morning, and the OLD profile is in effect again.  LOL  Oh well... I'll just go with it.  I was afraid that my account had been hacked in some way.

Thanks for the feedback,
Tappy

Hi TapDancer324,

As the others have said, this happens once in a while but we haven't been able issolate the cause. Please let us know if you have any other issues logging in.

mod.moose
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.