Moderator Emeritus

What is up with the spellcheck?

[ Edited ]
Why does the spellcheck check both my post and the one I pasted in my reply?

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-06-2007 02:14 PM
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Frequent Contributor

Re: What is up with the spellcheck?

At least you were able to check.  When I ran it, it did nothing but the first word, over and over again!
Moderator Emeritus

Use Firefox. It has inline spell check.
Moderator Emeritus

fused111 wrote:
Why does the spellcheck check both my post and the one I pasted in my reply?

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-06-2007 02:14 PM

A man who uses spellcheck!  The man of my dreams!!!

How come it doesn't check mine at all, even with pop-up blocker turned off?
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Moderator Emeritus

Check out the following for IE7:

Moderator Emeritus

Tuscani wrote:
Check out the following for IE7:

TY I will have to check that one out for the office.
Administrator

I figured I'd make a note about spell-check and move this thread to the forums feedback board. :smileyhappy:

Anyhow, here's the deal with spell-check. Currently, if you use Firefox, it will continue to check the same word over and over again. However, Firefox has a built in spell-check. It underlines a word with red dots if it's spelled incorrectly. If I don't know the true spelling of the word, I always just check dictionary.com for the correct spelling.

If you are using IE, spell-check should work correctly, but it will check *every* word within your text box. If you quote a post, it will check the words in there because it's technically part of your post. I usually just ignore the checks within a quoted post and start paying attention when it's gotten to the body of mine. The only way around this at the time is to write out your response, spell-check it, then hit the "quote post" button after your spelling has been checked. It's a little extra effort, but that way you don't have to sit through the spell-check for the post you're quoting.
Established Member

Thanks for the dictionary.com link!  I added it to my links bar and have already used it several times.  Every now and then, I see an unfamiliar word and it's great to be able to look it up quickly.
Moderator Emeritus

dictionary.com has a nice toolbar as well:

Moderator Emeritus

I installed iespell.  I am in love!!!!!
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.