Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my status change to member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will my status change to member

Hello. I was just wondering when my status will change to member so I can post html. And what are the contributing factors I may need for the change?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will my status change to member

I think it has something to do with number of posts and number of kudos given and number of kudos recieved. But honestly I do not know.

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The system determines when you move up and none of us know the exact formula for moving up in rank.
Message 3 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

I seem to remember changes at maybe 200, 300, 500, 800 posts or something. Maybe it started at 100. Then in increments at certain numbers. Just post a lot, go to the Approvals forum and tell everyone "congratulations!" Smiley Happy 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol good idea. Im going to try that. Thank You!!!

Message 5 of 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

I seem to remember changes at maybe 200, 300, 500, 800 posts or something. Maybe it started at 100. Then in increments at certain numbers. Just post a lot, go to the Approvals forum and tell everyone "congratulations!" Smiley Happy 

BAD idea.... there was a Mod/Adin recent post-warning about "bombing" using a bunch of worthless posts such as just "congrats". Not only do you annoy the regular users, but many will ignore your regular posts....

Just saying. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah you make a good Point. Thankfully I didnt. Just made it to member like 5 min ago. Thanks for letting me know :-)

Message 7 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

Not 'bombing' Pipeguy. Sincere words of celebrating in another's good fortune. Smiley Wink 

Congrats on making Member Songbird, I guess it's at around 50 posts now. When I started there weren't as many member categories.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 8 of 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/m-p/4#M2

Trust me, those that post just "congrats" to every app or CLI are quickly ignored by many regulars. Note that this is not the same as saying congrats and adding useful information of experience to the tread.   

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.