cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I copy & paste a link from a Moderator into my own post???

tag
veracious
Established Contributor

Why can't I copy & paste a link from a Moderator into my own post???

I apoligize for being new. I've tried every solution suggested on this board.

I can't figure it out. Recently , I attempted to link a previous post from a Moderator to my  own post.

The information I wished to display was in response to a question asking for clarification of  a statement

I made in a post.     I'm under the impression that Moderator's comments can be quoted.

Perhaps a new member can get more information on a topic by using links

to previously discussed topics.

Maybe it's me: maybe it's my browser.

.   I like to use the firefox browser;   I can use IE if that is my only option .Please explain in detail.

Thanks for any replies.

3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why can't I copy & paste a link from a Moderator into my own post???

I think you are saying that you want to include a link to another message in one of your posts.  I couldn't understand what you were saying in the second part of your message.

I use Firefox as well, and it works fine.

To include an active hyperlink, first make sure that you are composing your post in the "Rich Text" window.  Look for 3 tabs at the top of the text window, below the subject line and the word "Body".  Two will be gray; the active window is white.  Click on "Rich Text" if it's not already white.

11iEFAAB795CC0F08B9

Then look at the row of icons just below the tabs.  In the second row (which has the options for Bold, Italics, and Underline, you'll see a little icon that looks like a small chain.

10i69CCDE8117C822A8

Click on the chain icon, and window appears that allows you to enter the URL of the post that you wish to include in your message.  Obviously, it's better to cut and paste the URL of the message.  You don't necessarily have to type anything into the "Link Text" or "Title" line, just the Link URL line.

12iC67965D71B47AD31

To make sure that you insert the correct URL of the specific post to which you want to direct others, click on the "Options" drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the message.  Select "Highlight", and the URL of that specific post will appear in your address line at the top of your browser.  Copy and paste that URL into the "Link URL" line in the box above.

14i3A138008530BF4DC

Once you click "Insert", your link will be part of your message.

I hope this is the answer that you were looking for.

Message 2 of 4
veracious
Established Contributor

Thanks, Lel.      Awesome!!!

I think I got it fixed....with the helpof my DW of course.Smiley Very Happy

veracious

MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Good job Lel. I tried to help veracious with this a few days ago and I'm afraid I confused both of us.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.