Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browser problems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

browser problems

I use Firefox as my preferred browser & for the past 4 days I have not been able to access the URL for MyFico.com using my Firefox browser .. In order to do this I needed to open IE which is not my preference.. The error message I keep getting is " link no longer active "  even if I look up MyFico on a search engine & click on one of the cache listings I get the same error message..  I've tried typing the URL in & still get the same message..

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: browser problems

Windows or Mac, and which versions? What about anti-virus etc software?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 20
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Hi nana41, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  Along with the information that haulingthescoreup has asked for, which is very important in determining the problem, are you using the URL: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/

It took my friends and family years to convince me to switch to Firefox, but now it is my preferred browser too!   I  currently have FF version 3.6.13  and haven't experienced any problems yet. 

mod.moose
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows7 & Norton Anti Virus & had no problems with the site up until 4 days ago & not having any issues with any other sites.. I even went in & put MyFico on the approved site in the Security section of Options tool..  Dump my files & temp's about every hour & do not retain any browsing history..

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to use this forum I had to open IE (Ugh & Sigh) & I don't like IE too many issues especially security wise.. I love my Firefox a lot higher tech & more options I'm a retired systems analyst & although I've aged I'm still a geek @ heart..  What puzzles me is that everything was fine up until 4 days ago & not having problems with any other URL.. I logged onto FF help forums & put the question out there to see if I get any responses to this issue..

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I try to us this URL : http://ficoforums.myfico.com/    in FF I get the same error message: 

Not Found

Sorry, the link you clicked is no longer active.

Please click the button below to continue:

Clicking the button below that's mentioned brings me right back to that same screen..   ♥

Message 6 of 20
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Hi nana41,

I really need to know which version of Firefox you are using.  Click on the Help and then click on About Mozilla Firefox to see which version you have.  You don't need to post the image, just let me know the version.  Thank!

ff.help.jpg

ffversion.jpg

mod.moose
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me sorry I thought I did that it's 3.6.13 ..  I'll take my senior hat off now..

I called the MyFico customer service & told them to cancel my service if this is going to be an ongoing issue..  I knew I was tied to the 3 month minimum but that's ok since I cannot figure out what this sudden problem is..  However, if you can assist me I would be known as 'happy nana41 in Florida'.. ♥

Message 8 of 20
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Me sorry I thought I did that it's 3.6.13 ..  I'll take my senior hat off now..

I called the MyFico customer service & told them to cancel my service if this is going to be an ongoing issue..  I knew I was tied to the 3 month minimum but that's ok since I cannot figure out what this sudden problem is..  However, if you can assist me I would be known as 'happy nana41 in Florida'.. ♥

Thank you for getting back to me. One more question, have you tried to restart your computer since the problem started? 

Please give me a little time to take this up with technical support and see if I can find an answer for you. 

mod.moose
Message 9 of 20
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

One idea that was suggested to me was to ask you to turn off all your addons from Tools -> Extensions.   If all addons are disable and you can access with no problems then try turning them on one by one on again to see if that is the source.  I was told that addons have a effect like memory leak.

Keep me posted.

mod.moose
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.