Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with my posts

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: problems with my posts

@laz98 wrote:

booooooo......that means something is wrong with 3.6, huh?  that sucks.  i don't like the new firefox.  i actually went back & downgraded because i hated it so much.

I used and liked FF for a long time but made the mistake a few months ago of upgrading to a "Beta" version and it was a disaster. I couldn't even get the computer to boot up. It took a long time to repair (still don't know what I did right to finally fix it  Smiley Happy  ) but that sort of soured me on FF and I went back to IE.

IE 8 and IE 9 seem very stable compared to older versions.  I haven't decided if I'll ever try FF again.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 18
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

booooooo......that means something is wrong with 3.6, huh?  that sucks.  i don't like the new firefox.  i actually went back & downgraded because i hated it so much.

I only mentioned FF 5 because that's what I was using.  At this point we can't say if it's FF 3.6 or something else.  What I need from those of you that are having issues, is what the HTML is.  If you can take a screen shot of the HTML that is causing the problem and post it here or send me a PM that would help the techies figure out what is causing the problem.

mod.moose
Message 12 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

i don't know how to take a screenshot.  i can tell you what i was trying to do in my post.

in my post above, the bwahahaha one, this is what i was trying to do:

1)  center the bwahahaha, bold it, change the font size to 5, & changed the font to trebuchet ms.

2)  type the rest of my message normally in the default font (arial?)

Message 13 of 18
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

i don't know how to take a screenshot.  i can tell you what i was trying to do in my post.

in my post above, the bwahahaha one, this is what i was trying to do:

1)  center the bwahahaha, bold it, change the font size to 5, & changed the font to trebuchet ms.

2)  type the rest of my message normally in the default font (arial?)

Hi laz98,

I sent you a PM.  I have a couple questions.  Did you try to do this more than once?  Did you try the Preview tab first before getting the invalid html message? 

Can you try it again in this thread and before hitting Post, click on the HTML tab and copy and send me the HTML code.  (See PM)

Thanks,

mod.moose
Message 14 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

ok, sent you a pm with the html.
Message 15 of 18
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:
ok, sent you a pm with the html.

Thank you, that was very helpful.  I did get the error message when using your HTML, but if I just hit the Preview tab and hit post it posted.  You shouldn't have to do that, but that might be a work around until we figure out what the problem is.

ETA:  OK, just realized it didn't have the color and center...back to square one!

mod.moose
Message 16 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

I used and liked FF for a long time but made the mistake a few months ago of upgrading to a "Beta" version and it was a disaster. I couldn't even get the computer to boot up. It took a long time to repair (still don't know what I did right to finally fix it  Smiley Happy  ) but that sort of soured me on FF and I went back to IE.

IE 8 and IE 9 seem very stable compared to older versions.  I haven't decided if I'll ever try FF again.

Well, if you had a lick of sense, I'm sure that you just hit enter-enter-enter until it starting behaving itself.  Smiley Wink

That's one of my two techie computer fixes. The other is to turn it off and turn it on.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 18
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

UPDATE: 

The issue with centering is a known issue but I don't have an estimated time for it getting fixed. Best thing is not to use it because it won't work.  Smiley Sad  The reason I was able to center was I have Admin and our permissions allow it.  

If there are other issues you find, please let me know.

mod.moose
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.