cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 new accounts on USAA, but no SW alert?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

2 new accounts on USAA, but no SW alert?

I've been waiting patiently for SW to update (even though I just realized I had my target score set to my last updated number, so I did change it). It's been a week since they showed up on USAA, shouldn't I have gotten a SW alert by now?  I knew there was some "lag", but this it getting a bit long for those of us in the clutches of active mortgage apps.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 new accounts on USAA, but no SW alert?

@thankfulheart wrote:

I've been waiting patiently for SW to update (even though I just realized I had my target score set to my last updated number, so I did change it). It's been a week since they showed up on USAA, shouldn't I have gotten a SW alert by now?  I knew there was some "lag", but this it getting a bit long for those of us in the clutches of active mortgage apps.

USAA's CMS offers all 3 reports. What day did it appear on EQ?

The target score is for score alerts. You'd get a credit alert on this one so it wouldn't matter where your target was set at.

Message 2 of 8
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

The new accounts showed up on EQ a week ago.  I did get a score update today (down a point) with 2 student loans that changed from forbearance to repayment. Still nothing on the new accounts, though.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't read through your history, but I recall a couple recent posts in MLs. Are these brand new accounts? Or were you added as an AU on an existing account? Or backdates, like Amex?

Message 4 of 8
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

these are 2 brand new student loans reporting on EX and EQ according to USAA, new lender, new amounts. Haven't appeared on TU yet.

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If I had that, I'd manually go through the alerts for new accounts to see if maybe an e-mail go lost in cyberspace somehere. I'd also look at EQ again (via USAA or wherever) to confirm that it's reporting. I'd also confirm the open date (just in case there was somesort of backdating). If no alert, and these are new accounts, I'd call myFICO.

Message 6 of 8
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd also confirm the open date (just in case there was somesort of backdating).

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!  I looked at the TLs and they were backdated to when I first consolidated the SLs.  Didn't consider that wouldn't show up as a "new" account, since it's a different creditor with a different amount reporting.

Thanks for solving the mystery!

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Did I win a cookie?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.