cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Month Minimum...

tag
RedMoon

3 Month Minimum...

I am canceling my account and will not recommend this service to anyone. I'm paying $32 a month (my wife and myself at $16 each) for monitoring but I also have to pay $20 each time I want to pull my credit report or $54 if I want all 3. I do not see the benefit of this service. I'm being forced to pay for another 2 months of something that I don't want just because I did not cancel within the 10 day window. Thanks for nothing.

I'm sure this post will be deleted. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FICOemergency
New Visitor

Re: 3 Month Minimum...

I read it ... and being a long time FICO customer tend to feel the same way, all of these monitoring companies are working hard to churn revenue.  If they only knew, we would STAY for a fair price AND relevant "emergency monitoring" ...

Message 2 of 8
montoya83
Established Member

I agree myFICO was a ripoff.. I was a long time freecreditreport.com customer although it pulled your FAKO score at least you were able to run your report when ever you feel like. with myFICO all they do is give you credit watch which tells you your score but your unable to pull you report. I also found that creditkarma has pretty much the same info and its free.

Chase SWAirlines 5k | AMEX Hilton Honors 2k | Capital Quick Silver 2k | Capital One 1.5k | Citi Hilton Reserve 7k
Message 3 of 8
RedMoon

You're definitely right there. I got the same alerts from Credit Karma as a I did on here. There really is no benefit. That's probably why they have a 3 month minimum. That way they can at least get 3 months of fee's from you before you cancel. 

Message 4 of 8
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I hate you guys feel that way.  This is the only service I have kept.  I would pay it for the forums and the information I can get and share with others.  With the lenders I deal with, they use this score.  Its been a huge benefit for me.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 5 of 8
RedMoon

I've been meaning to post this. I had applied for a pre-approval on a home loan a couple of weeks ago. My Credit Karma account (free service) alerted me of the inquery 2 days before I got an alert from MyFico. I'm definitely not going to recommend anyone sign up for the monitoring on MyFico. It's a waste of money. The forums are very valuable but they're free anyway. 

Message 6 of 8
tony46231
Contributor

Does it let you pull your EQ score any and as many times as you want?  I realize you can't pull the entire report, but can you pull your score and find out why it went up or down?

Starting FAKO Score: 08/16/13 - EX: 702 EQ: 694 TU: 702
Starting FICO Score: 08/19/13 - EX: ??? EQ: 700 TU: ???
Lender Pulls: 02/28/14 - EX: 736 EQ: 716 TU: 748
Closed on 04/25/2014 - Loving it!
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tony46231 wrote:

Does it let you pull your EQ score any and as many times as you want?  I realize you can't pull the entire report, but can you pull your score and find out why it went up or down?

SW gives you two chances to pull your report per year with the first being used when you subscribed. The mainstay of SW are the alerts (and the 30% off discounts on future EQ pulls). SW will give you your EQ FICO with every major change on your report (e.g. increased balances, stati changes, new inquiries, etc.). So, if your report changes daily, then so could your FICO and therefore receive as many alerts. If you're coasting along credit-wise and nothing is changing on your reports, then SW will monitor your EQ FICO for changes every 7-10 days and will alert you if it surpasses your target score as set in your settings.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.