Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 bureau score monitoring

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

3 bureau score monitoring

How often does the 3 bureau score monitoring do an update? I finally got an auto loan from early 2013 to report, it shows on all my credit reports when I pull them from free sites. It still hasn't updates on score watch that I have a new account :-/
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 bureau score monitoring

I also had a charge off deleted and my only late pays removed from one of my Cap 1 cards and no update!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand it says daily monitoring, I have it myself as well, though it does notify me that it actively searches for changes but the bureau isn't giving up information. It's nice that it tells me being if my identity is stolen and my credit drops, I will actually know it before it's too late...but who knows...maybe it will get better. If you have more questions about it, I'd request you to contact the C/S department and they can hopefully answer you questions...otherwise you might be waiting a long while for an accurate reply.

Message 3 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Ya it's terribly delayed. I got an email today saying that I got the all clear from Experian with no changes detected as they were "actively" monitoring as part of my 3 bureau monitoring. Only problem is I know there has been changes :-p I can see them on my other Experian reports just not FICO..
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I do understand that, and though I can't tell you who I work for (other than in call center)...I know exactly how this works (if you can put 1 and 1 together).

myFICO is a middle man, basically between you and the CB.

myFICO requests information from CB

myFICO posts information in calculator

you get CS on your account and why it went up or went down.

Now the problem,

Even though you know and see the CB has been updated, the CB isn't giving that actual information to myFICO thus resulting in the failure to update.

It would be nice if it worked in a 24 hour period 7 days a week for a full year...but as this is CSing and involving CBs, it can't really do that.

Note: Either ask the CB to give to myFICO or continue to wait (for lack of better C/S to you.

Message 5 of 9
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

So the product is still faulty?

Id like to know before a 3month $60 committment

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 6 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

No I just didn't understand the concept. You have to have a monitored reason for it to update, such as a balance change or new account or new derog reported. In my case I had a charge off removed. It doesn't monitor for removed accounts.
Message 7 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

As soon as a small balance change reported I got my updates. Gained 68 points on EQ, 40 points on TU, and waiting for a monitored reason for EX to update. It's lagging behind.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
As soon as a small balance change reported I got my updates. Gained 68 points on EQ, 40 points on TU, and waiting for a monitored reason for EX to update. It's lagging behind.

This is exactly how it works, I've found. It doesn't update every time something happens. When it updates for balance changes and inquiries then I'll see score results for other things that happened that it's not alerting for. My personal experience is about 2 or 3 days after I see a balance change or inquiry show up on my reports it'll show up here with a score update.  

I had a collection fall off my TU report once and gained like 50 points and didn't know it until I applied for something and the inquiry alert said I gained 50 points. I pulled my report and saw the collection was gone. It's definitely not real time updating, whatever the reason is.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.