Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about Score Watch.

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

A question about Score Watch.

Okay, so I'm a now previous user of FreeCreditScore due to their reports not being my actual FICO. With ScoreWatch I basically get the same monitoring of Equifax that I had with FreeCreditScore and Experian, correct? And if I purchased my TransUnion score would that be watched with Equifax in ScoreWatch or is it just a one time view without monitoring?

Thanks,

Coty

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A question about Score Watch.

If I am not mistaken, freecreditscore monitors Experian and their non-FICO score (a FAKO called a PLUS score). ScoreWatch monitors Equifax as opposed to Experian. The monitoring differs slightly. While I never used freecreditscore, I used one of Experian's other products: freecreditreport. Assuming both monitoring styles are similar between freecreditscore and freecreditreport, then you'll notice some differences when using ScoreWatch. SW monitors EQ and will alert you to specific changes to that report like increased balances, added inquiries on Equifax, added accounts on EQ, etc. These alerts come quickly. SW also monitors your EQ FICO. This monitoring ties in with many alerts and SW will monitor your EQ FICO every 7-10 days at the least. For more info as to what SW will and will not catch, look at the SW Guide found sticked here somewhere.

You can pull your TU FICO report at any time, but this isn't offered via SW. However, maybe one day there will be a product that monitors TU.

Message 2 of 3
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: A question about Score Watch.

Thanks for the response, you answered all my questions. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.