Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account showing twice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account showing twice

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but I have a problem with accounts showing up twice on my alerts, etc from MYfico. I have two accounts (credit cards) that hve routinely shown up twice on my alerts. If this is really showing up in my score, it's hurting it, because these two credit cards have unfortunately seen significant increases in the last few months. What do I do to fix this? How do I figure out if the accounts showing twice are affecting my score? Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Account showing twice

This is a known hiccup on your displayed myFICO reports. But your scores are calculated from the info on your full report from the bureau, not from the version that you see here.

As long as it's not reporting twice in the underlying full reports maintained by the credit bureaus, your scores aren't affected.

I'll see if I can get someone to move this to the correct board. Smiley Happy

edited to make a reasonably important clarification --sorry for any confusion!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haulingthescoreup,

Thanks for the info -- and for getting my post moved to the correct forum. I haven't run a report lately to see if it's reporting twice, but if you tell me it's a known hiccup, i don't think I'm going to waste a report now to make sure it's not reporting twice. I haven't had any late payments or anything, but my balance has increased on both of these accounts, and I don't want that to negatively affect my scores.

Thanks. Is there any place else I should report this to try to fix the hiccup? I couldn't find anyplace on the website that looked appropriate.

Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

edit to add: I just realized that I left out a fairly useful phrase in my reply above, lol. I meant to say, "As long as it's not reporting twice in the underlying full reports maintained by the credit bureaus, your scores aren't affected.

You can try calling Customer Service. This is from the "?Support" link up at the very top of the page:

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time
Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time

Pacific time is 3 hours earlier (later?) than Eastern, so for instance, 4 pm Eastern would be 1 pm Pacific.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Haulingthescoreup,

Thanks for the info -- and for getting my post moved to the correct forum. I haven't run a report lately to see if it's reporting twice, but if you tell me it's a known hiccup, i don't think I'm going to waste a report now to make sure it's not reporting twice. I haven't had any late payments or anything, but my balance has increased on both of these accounts, and I don't want that to negatively affect my scores.

Thanks. Is there any place else I should report this to try to fix the hiccup? I couldn't find anyplace on the website that looked appropriate.

Hello busymama2,
I was under the impresstion that known hiccup had been fixed, so I'm particularly interested to see if the account that triggered the duplicate alert is being reported twice.  We've added a free reeprt to your Score Watch subscription in hopes that you'll pull a new report and let us know if that account appears twice.  And thanks for bringing this to our attention.
-Barry

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the extra report! I did run a report, and it doesn't look like anything shows up twice on the report I ran. Going through my credit alerts, my Target account and Bank of America accounts have shown up twice almost every time I've gotten an alert, at least since April of this year. Other accounts have also shown up twice in credit alerts, though none of them are showing up twice in my report.

I assume that's a good thing for me and my credit score, but not a good thing as far as the "known Hiccup" being fixed!

Thanks -- and I hope this helps!

Message 6 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for getting back to us on that.  I agree that it's good those accounts aren't being reported more than once.  Now I'm going to have to check into what happened to the known hiccup fix.  Smiley Sad

-Barry

Message 7 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but I have a problem with accounts showing up twice on my alerts, etc from MYfico. I have two accounts (credit cards) that hve routinely shown up twice on my alerts. If this is really showing up in my score, it's hurting it, because these two credit cards have unfortunately seen significant increases in the last few months. What do I do to fix this? How do I figure out if the accounts showing twice are affecting my score? Thanks!

Hi, busymama2!

If you are getting two alerts for the same account (but the account itself is only showing up one time on your reports), it is because you have triggered two separate alert items due to an increase in your balance on that account.

One of the alerts might be for your balance increasing more than X amount of dollars.  The other alert (for that same account) might be for your balance increasing by X percentage points.  You can take a closer look at the alerts you have already received to see if this is what's happening here.  If it is, everything is working just as it should.

You can always reset the items which trigger alerts to different threshholds, too.  And the alerts don't affect your score at all, BTW. 

Hope this helps, busymama2!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Barry.

No hiccups on this one...I believe everything is as it should be.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.