Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An inquiry dropped my score 71 points?

tag
creditlady
New Contributor

An inquiry dropped my score 71 points?

Myfico just alerted me that a mortgage inquiry dropped my score 71 points. How on earth is this possible?

What is wrong with Myfico scorewatch? I pulled my eq report and no collection, public record or anything is listed on my file.

First the system doesnt alert me now the calculations for fico score are totally off. What good is a product if it isnt even accurate? This is worse than FAKO sites

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: An inquiry dropped my score 71 points?

Don't rely on SW reasons to figure out cause and effect. The inquiry didn't cause a score drop of 71 points. Something else happened. Also look at the date of the alert. Some folks are just now receiving alerts from early last month. EQ had a glitch that delayed the arrival of the alerts to myFICO. Looking at that alert date, your FICO score was 71 points lower on that day than it is now. Did you pull a new report? Is it 71 pts lower?

Also, don't rely on the reasons as mentioned. I once got a SW alert that my score increased 20 pts because I added a new inquiry. The inquiry didn't increase the score but was a baddie falling off that resulted in the score change.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.