Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Between Score Watch® and FICO® Quarterly Monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Between Score Watch® and FICO® Quarterly Monitoring

Hi, I hope someone can answer to my questions.

Currently I am paying for Citi Identity Monitor Service $9.95/mo and thinking to switch to FICO product.  I am not sure which one of these products are might better for me.

1.Citi service come with insurance up to $25,000 same as FICO® Quarterly Monitoring.
2.Citi service up-date information once a month same as Score Watch®.
3.Score Watch® does not come with insurance like FICO® Quarterly Monitoring, but up-date monthly.

Q1. Is the FICO® Quarterly Monitoring does protect my I.D and cover the damages in case of I become a victim?
Q2. Is it better to have insurance come with?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Between Score Watch® and FICO® Quarterly Monitoring

LittleBunny wrote:
Hi, I hope someone can answer to my questions.

Currently I am paying for Citi Identity Monitor Service $9.95/mo and thinking to switch to FICO product.  I am not sure which one of these products are might better for me.

1.Citi service come with insurance up to $25,000 same as FICO® Quarterly Monitoring.
2.Citi service up-date information once a month same as Score Watch®.
3.Score Watch® does not come with insurance like FICO® Quarterly Monitoring, but up-date monthly.

Q1. Is the FICO® Quarterly Monitoring does protect my I.D and cover the damages in case of I become a victim?

A1. Yes.

A2.  Only if you think you could be a victim of ID theft.

Other comments...

1. Score Watch and FICO Quarterly Monitoring provide actual FICO score, which you won't get from Citi.

2. Score Watch actually monitors your EFX credit report daily for certain changes (see Score Watch Guide at the top of this board for details).  With every credit alert there's also a score update which may or may not be different from credit alert to credit alert.  

3. If there are no changes triggering a credit alert, your EFX score is monitored weekly and you'll get a score alert if there's any change, even if there are no credit-alert-triggering changes.

4. There's a 30-Day Free Trial Score Watch offered by myFICO if you really want to check it out at no cost.

5. You can get FICO Quarterly Monitoring for less than $12.50 a report and even less if you call myFICO customer care (800-319-4433) for a 10% off promo code.

OK, that's it for the sales pitch....  Good luck!

Barry
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Barry!

I did sign-up for 30 days free trial of Score Watch and checked my score.  The score provided by Score Watch was same as Citi Identity Monitor Credit Report with EQ.  I don't know why? 

I tried "Simulate FICO® score" and I am not happy with this simulation because it gives me between two three digit numbers.  I like the simulation on Citi service (it call Credit Analyzer) because it seems more detailed and does only gives me one three digit number. 

Has any one used Citi Identity Monitor service and FICO product before?
Which simulation gave you accurate information most?

Thanks.
LittleBunny

Message 3 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

LittleBunny wrote:
Thank you very much Barry!

I did sign-up for 30 days free trial of Score Watch and checked my score.  The score provided by Score Watch was same as Citi Identity Monitor Credit Report with EQ.  I don't know why? 

I tried "Simulate FICO® score" and I am not happy with this simulation because it gives me between two three digit numbers.  I like the simulation on Citi service (it call Credit Analyzer) because it seems more detailed and does only gives me one three digit number. 

Has any one used Citi Identity Monitor service and FICO product before?
Which simulation gave you accurate information most?

Thanks.
LittleBunny

I'm pretty sure the score you get with your Citi monitoring isn't a FICO so it must just be a coincidence that they were the same.  If I'm wrong about the Citi score I hope someone will correct me.

And while I can't speak for the Citi simulator, I can tell you that the FICO simulator gives you a very wide range of score possibilities intentionally.  This is because there are so many different variables as to how your score could be affected in the future, that there's just no responsible way to be specific.

Let us know how your experience with Score Watch goes.

Barry
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, is it better to think this way .... expect the lowest number is the one will be instead higher number?  I just want to utilize this simulation to figure out where my score will goes.

Thank you Barry.     Yes, I will let you know.

Message 5 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

LittleBunny wrote:
So, is it better to think this way .... expect the lowest number is the one will be instead higher number?  I just want to utilize this simulation to figure out where my score will goes.

Thank you Barry.     Yes, I will let you know.

Expecting the the low end of the score range is probably the way to go, just to be on the safe side.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.