cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of false Alerts to your account.

tag
cptlwt

Beware of false Alerts to your account.

Two years ago I received 2 alerts pertaining to "We found changes in your personal identity information this week" and found a name that was not mine. Same first name, but a totally different last name, no letters in common! I also received one that contained an address that was never mine. I did what any reasonable subscriber would do, i immediately checked the 3 bureaus to find out that they did not report it, so I called CustomerCare. I found they stick by their answer of, "we receive input from over 400 sources and cannot tell where it came from, but if it is not from the 3 credit reporting agencies then do not be concerned about it. Today, I received another False Alert and again went through the drill, expending my 1 free credit report for the year to find out that it was again, not the 3 credit bureaus. Again, I called and again I received the same lack of adequate answers. I asked for a supervisor and then her supervisor until I reached Kerry #1146 and spend 30 minutes trying to explain to Kerry that the Marketing Model for MyFico is that they will monitor for us and alert when there is an issue, but 3 times now they have sent me false alarms. That is not a great attitude with no attempt to correct the issue. There is a flaw in their program if the process brings up false alerts and another flaw if the program does not allow MyFico to correct THEIR REPORT to me. For over 2 years now, I stared at a name on MyFico that is not mine, along with an address that was never mind and now I have a phone number that was never mine. They really need to fix that bug in their program and the lack of adequate processing on the part of the CustomerCare group that cannot and does not care to support the customer but always pass the buck! A Retired Army Officer.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beware of false Alerts to your account.

Did they tell you that FICO cannot remove that information from your CR?  They should have.  FICO does not add nor subtract information from your CR.  That is done by the CRA directly.  So you will have to contact the CR that has that information listed.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
cptlwt

It is not on my Credit Report, that is the point! It is on my MyFico Report but did not come from a credit reporting agency and would/could not tell me where it came from! That is my whole point! If it did not come from one of the 3 credit reporting agencies and they cannot determine where it came from, then remove it! It is obviously an error caused by their algorithms that pull the date from some unknown source.
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@cptlwt wrote:
It is not on my Credit Report, that is the point! It is on my MyFico Report but did not come from a credit reporting agency and would/could not tell me where it came from! That is my whole point! If it did not come from one of the 3 credit reporting agencies and they cannot determine where it came from, then remove it! It is obviously an error caused by their algorithms that pull the date from some unknown source.

Going by that, and re-reading through your posts.  I'm stumped.  I agree with you.  If it's not on any of the 3 bureaus, where are they getting it?  Innovis?  LexisNexis?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The reports that myFICO get are pulled directly from the CRAs.  They are just fomatted differently because of being a 3rd party.

So, the information did come from the CRA.  It may not be on your reports from them, because it should not be,  but it did come from somewhere at the CRA. It sounds like data was allowed through from another persons file that should not have been.

I would guess that would be a CRA issue since myFICO gets the information from them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.