Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus alert?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bogus alert?

I signed up for Score Watch a couple months ago, I guess it was. I'd mostly forgotten about it, because in that time I've gotten two alerts. The most recent one, though, is puzzling:

It mentions a $28 balance increase (from $2,777 to $2,805) on an account I don't have.

Beneficial National Bank? I've never even heard of it. Nor does it appear in my "Accounts" section of my FICO report.

On the same e-mail, it said my FICO score increased by 19. That's good and all, but when it's also telling me about a balance increase on a fictitious account, it makes me wonder if they're making up this whole thing.

I have zero trust in myFICO at the moment. Anyone know what the heck's going on?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bogus alert?

If I were you I'd look into that a little more.  I'd be scared if I saw an account with more than two grand balance on it if i didn't know anything about it. You can always file a complaint and get a free credit report.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.