Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

tag
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

On both my TU and EQ CRs, the name of the collection agency is not showing up. Here's an example:

The collection agency "613yc19480" was hired to collect a debt of $1,000 originally owed to "SOME COMPANY" on account nu

The collection agency "905yc00310" was hired to collect a debt of $200 originally owed to "SOME COMPANY" on account nu

Will you please fix it ASAP so the collection agency name shows up? I need to contact all of them this week!
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

ittph, did you pull your credit reports from myFiCO? If you did then they will not show the names.

I'd suggest that you pull all 3 credit reports(for free; do not purchase the credit scores from them as they are useless) from annualcreditreport.com.

Or pull your CR's directly from the credit reporting agency. They will print the names also.

Good luck to you! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The names will show, UNLESS they are medical collections.

That's my guess. Medical collection agencies don't show their names out of concern for possible HIPAA violations. So whenever you see that combination of numbers and letters, that's probably what it is.

The full reports will (should) show the names of the original creditor and of the CA.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification Hauling. When I had collections on my CR they also showed up as that wierd account number. I guess I would have known had I any commercial collections, but they were all med related.
Message 4 of 11
iltph
Frequent Contributor

In my case it does appear to be a bug. I have never had any medical collections. The CAs show up properly for TU, but for EQ the names are just a bunch of letters/numbers.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@iltph wrote:
In my case it does appear to be a bug. I have never had any medical collections. The CAs show up properly for TU, but for EQ the names are just a bunch of letters/numbers.

Do the CA accounts on TU seem to be the same as the ones on EQ? Maybe EQ just scrambles all its creditor names, to be on the safe side.

We didn't think that we had any medical collections, either, or any collections at all, until we found a collection from a CA known as "558yc00000" on my husband's EQ report. Their actual name is on his TU report. (They didn't report it to EX.) It was from an old out-of-state emergency room visit by one of our daughters, and as far as we knew, it had been paid by insurance (after our co-pay.) Surprise.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

That's my guess. Medical collection agencies don't show their names out of concern for possible HIPAA violations. So whenever you see that combination of numbers and letters, that's probably what it is.

The full reports will (should) show the names of the original creditor and of the CA.

I had all those funky numbers and letters on a tax lien situation, they make no sense to me either, so I doubt it's just medical issues.
Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I had all those funky numbers and letters on a tax lien situation, they make no sense to me either, so I doubt it's just medical issues.

Thanks, Jeff, and welcome to the forums! I will add that to my overstuffed brain. Smiley Wink

Maybe this is the new trend with CA's. It seems odd that sometimes you see it on EQ and not on the others.

I wonder if it's a tactic to try to force consumers to actually contact the CA? It's hard to do much research on uwl80444, or whatever.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Jeff, and welcome to the forums! I will add that to my overstuffed brain. Smiley Wink

Maybe this is the new trend with CA's. It seems odd that sometimes you see it on EQ and not on the others.

I wonder if it's a tactic to try to force consumers to actually contact the CA? It's hard to do much research on uwl80444, or whatever.

Same issue here, when I pulled my reports through MyFico - my TU it showed the funky numbers, on EX it showed ER Solutions! I was glad that it was on at least...saved me the research to find out who it belonged to!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have similar problem. It shows like this beow. Can I know who is 905YC00310 ?

The collection agency "905YC00310" was hired to collect a debt of $31 originally owed to "<Company name>" on account number "XXXXXXX0001".

Collection agency [?]

905YC00310

Original balance [?]

$31

Current balance [?]

$31

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.