Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 356
Registered: ‎02-28-2008
0

Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

On both my TU and EQ CRs, the name of the collection agency is not showing up. Here's an example:

The collection agency "613yc19480" was hired to collect a debt of $1,000 originally owed to "SOME COMPANY" on account nu

The collection agency "905yc00310" was hired to collect a debt of $200 originally owed to "SOME COMPANY" on account nu

Will you please fix it ASAP so the collection agency name shows up? I need to contact all of them this week!
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542


November 2006: EQ 501
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,596
Registered: ‎09-14-2007
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

ittph, did you pull your credit reports from myFiCO? If you did then they will not show the names.

I'd suggest that you pull all 3 credit reports(for free; do not purchase the credit scores from them as they are useless) from annualcreditreport.com.

Or pull your CR's directly from the credit reporting agency. They will print the names also.

Good luck to you! Smiley Happy
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

The names will show, UNLESS they are medical collections.

That's my guess. Medical collection agencies don't show their names out of concern for possible HIPAA violations. So whenever you see that combination of numbers and letters, that's probably what it is.

The full reports will (should) show the names of the original creditor and of the CA.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,596
Registered: ‎09-14-2007
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

Thanks for the clarification Hauling. When I had collections on my CR they also showed up as that wierd account number. I guess I would have known had I any commercial collections, but they were all med related.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 356
Registered: ‎02-28-2008
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

In my case it does appear to be a bug. I have never had any medical collections. The CAs show up properly for TU, but for EQ the names are just a bunch of letters/numbers.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542


November 2006: EQ 501
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page


iltph wrote:
In my case it does appear to be a bug. I have never had any medical collections. The CAs show up properly for TU, but for EQ the names are just a bunch of letters/numbers.

Do the CA accounts on TU seem to be the same as the ones on EQ? Maybe EQ just scrambles all its creditor names, to be on the safe side.

We didn't think that we had any medical collections, either, or any collections at all, until we found a collection from a CA known as "558yc00000" on my husband's EQ report. Their actual name is on his TU report. (They didn't report it to EX.) It was from an old out-of-state emergency room visit by one of our daughters, and as far as we knew, it had been paid by insurance (after our co-pay.) Surprise.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Member
Posts: 28
Registered: ‎12-30-2007
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page



haulingthescoreup wrote:
The names will show, UNLESS they are medical collections.

That's my guess. Medical collection agencies don't show their names out of concern for possible HIPAA violations. So whenever you see that combination of numbers and letters, that's probably what it is.

The full reports will (should) show the names of the original creditor and of the CA.


I had all those funky numbers and letters on a tax lien situation, they make no sense to me either, so I doubt it's just medical issues.
3/9/08 TU 650 EQ 611 EX 678
4/28/08 TU 636 EQ 650 EX 687
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page


meJeff wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
The names will show, UNLESS they are medical collections.

That's my guess. Medical collection agencies don't show their names out of concern for possible HIPAA violations. So whenever you see that combination of numbers and letters, that's probably what it is.

The full reports will (should) show the names of the original creditor and of the CA.


I had all those funky numbers and letters on a tax lien situation, they make no sense to me either, so I doubt it's just medical issues.

Thanks, Jeff, and welcome to the forums! I will add that to my overstuffed brain. Smiley Wink

Maybe this is the new trend with CA's. It seems odd that sometimes you see it on EQ and not on the others.

I wonder if it's a tactic to try to force consumers to actually contact the CA? It's hard to do much research on uwl80444, or whatever.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Member
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎03-02-2008
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page



haulingthescoreup wrote:

meJeff wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
The names will show, UNLESS they are medical collections.

That's my guess. Medical collection agencies don't show their names out of concern for possible HIPAA violations. So whenever you see that combination of numbers and letters, that's probably what it is.

The full reports will (should) show the names of the original creditor and of the CA.


I had all those funky numbers and letters on a tax lien situation, they make no sense to me either, so I doubt it's just medical issues.

Thanks, Jeff, and welcome to the forums! I will add that to my overstuffed brain. Smiley Wink

Maybe this is the new trend with CA's. It seems odd that sometimes you see it on EQ and not on the others.

I wonder if it's a tactic to try to force consumers to actually contact the CA? It's hard to do much research on uwl80444, or whatever.

Same issue here, when I pulled my reports through MyFico - my TU it showed the funky numbers, on EX it showed ER Solutions! I was glad that it was on at least...saved me the research to find out who it belonged to!
March 27, 2008:
FICO
EQ-582-EX-586-TU-604

FAKO
EQ-571
New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-26-2012
0

Re: Bug: CAs are not showing up on Collections page

I have similar problem. It shows like this beow. Can I know who is 905YC00310 ?

 

The collection agency "905YC00310" was hired to collect a debt of $31 originally owed to "<Company name>" on account number "XXXXXXX0001".

Collection agency [?]

905YC00310

Original balance [?]

$31

Current balance [?]

$31

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.