Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Incorrect alert message and duplicate report

tag
PatrickS

Bug: Incorrect alert message and duplicate report

Hi,

Just a heads up:  I received a notification in Score Watch stating that "The balance on one of your accounts has increased."  But the only reports associated with that alert are a decrease, along with a duplicate of the same decrease.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bug: Incorrect alert message and duplicate report

@PatrickS wrote:

Hi,

Just a heads up:  I received a notification in Score Watch stating that "The balance on one of your accounts has increased."  But the only reports associated with that alert are a decrease, along with a duplicate of the same decrease.

Thanks, I'll make a mention to an Admin.

Opposite alert aside, the duplicates are normal and is based on your settings. By default, SW will alert you to any balance change based on $x and also an alert based on x%, with "x" being the value that you select. If your balance hits or exceeds that minimum value for each setting, then you'll get a double alert for the same account. For example, my setting is that I get alerted if my balance changes by more than $1 and more than 5%. If my CC balance changes by both, then I'll get two alerts for the same TL.

If this is annoying you can change your settings. Select "Off" for the one you want and the double alerts will stop.

Message 2 of 4
sealed
New Visitor

I received an alert saying my FICO score had changed, but it had not.  The alert was apparently triggered by my score exceeding the target of 700, but the message displayed said it had dropped below my target.  Cropped images show the inconsistency:

Message 3 of 4
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

Letting the product management team know about this bug. Thanks for taking the screenshot.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.