Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Can I get a refund....

IF....

I have an alert set to trigger if my score changes from my target score...

And then I order a new Score Power and the score is differet?

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I get a refund....

You'd have to call myFICO to ask about any refund.

Scores can change daily. What triggered the change in score, if known?

Frequent Contributor

No telling what triggered the score change...new month, maybe age?

But if the score changes, i should get an alert since I have my target score = to current score.

BTW, RG3 is from my hometown. 

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

RG3 is a stand up guy from what I've been seeing. Pretty cool mic'd-up montage from the game. OK, I digress.....

SW doesn't monitor your EQ FICO for changes daily. It says it monitors your EQ FICO every 7-10 days and will alert you via a Score Alert. As you know you can get alerted every day if changes occur on your reports everyday. SW will monitor for Credit Alerts and will throw out your lates EQ FICO regardless of the target score. However, if your reports are quiet and nothing is triggering a credit alert, then that's when the monitoring of your score begins and you could get alerted via a score alert.

So...if your FICO changed on the 1st, let's say, then it's possible to not receive a score alert for another 7-10 days. That's why you see some folks in here grumble when they pull a new FICO report and see a score change they weren't alerted to...had they waited then they would have received the alert. Who know what caused your FICO to change (without studying the report), but the first of January is plausible. Lots can happen: all of your accounts turn a month older, AAoA can potentially change, accounts can drop, inquiries hit a year, and so on. None of these would trigger  a credit alert and then the monotoring would kick in for an alert at a later date. Most of my score changes occurred on the first.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.