cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling FICO TRIAL

tag
aquaxheart

Cancelling FICO TRIAL

I got an issue with FICO TRIAL I want to cancel using the cancel button provded on the membership settings provided on this site, BUT it MAKES me call customer serivce to cancel. I don't want to call no one when there is a button that says 'cancel membership' on my control panel. I think it is a bad practice , specially when customer services will probably try to upsell me something when I am obviously NOT interested (hence wanting to cancel before trial ends).

Any mod that can do a manual cancellation for me? And in the future, please change this. I like no hassle cancellation and I think others will like that too.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Cancelling FICO TRIAL

I believe that you will have to call in to cancel ~ don't think there's any other way to do it.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
gwaland

According to the terms that were agreed to you can do it by filling out an online form.   This is a direct quote from the terms.  I have screen shots from the time I signed up as well.

"d. Trial Offers. If you do not cancel your trial offer prior to the date your trial period expires, your trial offer will be automatically converted to a full paid subscription (either a month-to-month or annual subscription depending on the product ordered), and we will charge your credit card at the price and in accordance with the terms for the products you selected during your trial order process. To cancel your trial offer, you must go to the Contact Us page and submit a cancellation request using the online form or the toll-free customer service number. IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD, YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR SUCH PRODUCTS WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE."

Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Ah, ok ~ thanks for posting the link.     I'd still recommend calling in to cancel though, at least that's what I'd do if I needed to cancel.

Message 4 of 9
gwaland

The problem is that doesn't work.  myfico has failed to provide the ability to do it without calling as shown in the terms of service.

Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@gwaland wrote:

The problem is that doesn't work.  myfico has failed to provide the ability to do it without calling as shown in the terms of service.

DId you submit a cancellation request via the contact us page?

Message 6 of 9
gwaland

There isnt an option for this. There are instructions on the page however and they lead to a link asking you to call instead of providing the promised form.
Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I see that there's an option for "I have a billing question".   That might be the best option for this situation.

Message 8 of 9
yillb
Established Member

doesn't matter.. Even if you call the number you are on hold for 30-40 minutes. I called to ask a question about something, and after having to wait this long, i have no intentions of keeping this service. Good job buds.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.