Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cancelling Membership-This is not a good service

I use TrueCredit to see what's going on with my reports. Once you have a pretty good knowledge of what causes your scores to change, you can keep an eye on your TC reports to know when something has changed enough to trigger a score change. At that point, you can decide whether it's worth paying for a FICO score pull. And as you know, the TC scores are bogus.

I also have Equifax Credit Watch Gold, available from the EQ website. You can pull your full EQ report as frequently as once a day, but it doesn't give you your FICO EQ score.

And finally, I do have Scorewatch, because in fact, I've gotten some really useful alerts. (Albeit with some dry periods.) I've gotten some heads-ups that I would not have known about otherwise, including my sudden reassignment to a new score bucket.

With all this info (somewhat excessive, lol), I know when to cough up $$$ for FICO scores and reports. It doesn't help that I love math and logic puzzles, so I don't blink at paying more often than is reasonable to see scores for cause-and-effect evidence.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor

I use National City (True Credit) to pull my CRs when I get a Score alert and then based on what happend I may pull my scores here.

The monthly bill for using both is just under $20, which is much less then the interest I was paying on a single CC.

I view Score Watch on other services like having a Gym membership.  It forces you to use it or at least think about it.  If I had thought about the impact of using a CC all those years ago, I would not have wound up in 70k of debt.

If Score Watch had a unlimited pull service like True Credit, I woul;d pay $50 a month for it..

09/10/2016 FICO: EQ: 797 EX:788 TU:795
Regular Contributor

Hi hauling,

So with Equifax Credit Watch Gold, you can pull your EQ every day if your current want? That sounds too good to be true. :-)

So, it sounds like it might make sense for me to get the Equifax Credit Watch Gold, then when I notice changes that happen to it, pull my scores from MyFico.

Then I'd end up paying $9.95/month for the EQ Credit Watch Gold, and buying my scores every couple months, so I'd end up paying about $20 or $30/month in total for some pretty good service!

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emerita

That combo would work. The one thing to remember is that you might have something going on on your TU or EX reports that wasn't showing on the EQ report, and you wouldn't know about it until you pulled all 3 FICO scores. But I think for most people, if their reports are pretty much the same, this would get most of it.

Remember, though, that if you see something exciting hit your EQ, it won't necessarily have shown up yet on EX and TU. If you pull all three scores before it reports to them, the scores won't necessarily be the same as if all the info was current. (Long as you're aware of that.)

And one final mini-warning: EQ has some software bugs that make it a bit more likely for your file to "split," where only part shows up in one chunk and the rest somewhere else. This happens if you pull reports frequently, because all the soft inqs from the pulls load it up and crowd other stuff out. As long as you don't go ape with the pulls, you should be OK. The EQ rep said that twice a week should be safe, although she might have been making that up, for all I know.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
I can see you (OP) are so upset.  Not just you, many people are...  Sure I did tried for 30 days and I did received alert!  But I cancelled service before 30 days trial is over because I like the service what I have right now.  ( Identity Monitor Service from Citi )  I like about the Analyze program they have.  When I appld to 2 CC last month, they warned me about activity on my CR by sent me an e-mail to log on to their web site and check the alert.  They will up-date your CR (EQ, EX, TU) monthly and you can play with Analyze as many as you want by log-in to their site.
You know what, surprise .... the two scores I compared between this service and FICO Score Watch (EQ), it was exactly the same score.  But it may be only one time, you never know.  So, I am thinking to purchase "FICO® Quarterly Monitoring"  Does anyone have this service?  Any opinion?

FICO® Quarterly Monitoring

With each of your 4 TransUnion FICO® scores you will continue to see how your score ranks, what types of rates you might qualify for and actions you can take to get your score into the higher ranges.

Have you checked  the site of  "Credit Scoring 101 - START HERE! " ?http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=2654

Please visit the site shown in below and read carefully!   I hope this will help you.

Remember, you are the consumer and if you are not happy with the service/product the business/company provide to you, you are welcome to cancel your service any time.

Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 02-09-2008 09:55 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.