Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to equifax scorewatch

tag
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Changes to equifax scorewatch

Hi,

Did anyone notice any changes in the way accounts are presented on Equifax's version of ScoreWatch?

It is listing my AMEX Gold now under "other accounts" along with my utilities account instead of revolving credit. Actually they didn't even have this category before and my utilities account used to just be listed with the rest of the revolving accounts.

Do you think this means they moved to Beacon 9.0? Can anyone who has MyFico's ScoreWatch comment on whether that was changed as well?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Changes to equifax scorewatch

I never studied the category and I do have a Green, but your EQ FICO never included your Amex charge into revolving and CC utilization. Same applies for EX. TU, on the otherhand, does for your TU98 (as on here) , but newer versions exclude it.

ETA...I'll add that equifax.com always mis-categorized my accounts, util, AAoA, etc.

Message 2 of 5
ferrari
Regular Contributor

I cannot say for sure they included charge cards in the calculation. But they definitely included that utilities account which I find very stupid especially that I have no control over how much electricity I use every month and cannot live without electricity to have it report a 0 balance. Since they moved it to a new category I was hoping maybe now they'll stop including it. Who knows?

Message 3 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@ferrari wrote:

Hi,

Did anyone notice any changes in the way accounts are presented on Equifax's version of ScoreWatch?

It is listing my AMEX Gold now under "other accounts" along with my utilities account instead of revolving credit. Actually they didn't even have this category before and my utilities account used to just be listed with the rest of the revolving accounts.

Do you think this means they moved to Beacon 9.0? Can anyone who has MyFico's ScoreWatch comment on whether that was changed as well?

Thanks

Hi ferrari,

I can confirm for you that EQ's Score Watch, like myFICO's, continues to provide BEACON 5.0 scores.

-Barry

Message 4 of 5
ferrari
Regular Contributor

I guess we got to the bottom of it Smiley Wink

thanks everyone

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.